Thats lame.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
They are both correct, the Major Pentatonic for example first shows the E chord scale shape and the blue notes are the Roots. Whatever key you're playing in, let's say A, the blue notes will all be As. The other scale is the A chord shape. You see, all of the 5 basic scale patterns are shaped around the 5 basic chords: C, A, G, E and D. Caged for short. They both will work as long as you position them so that the blue notes are on the key of the song you're playing.
Go to major pentatonic and look at the first scale. Take a look at the #2 on the 6th string, the #4 on the 5th string, #4 on the 4th string, #3 on the 3rd string and the #1's on the 2nd and 1st strings. Notice they form a barre chord, a major bar chord? Now imagine the 1's on the top strings are O's and also the 2 on the 6th string. It's an open E chord. And that E chord shape will flow into a D shape which they don't show, they just cut to the A. Oh well. Ask me more if you care, if not I can just rip the guts from my asshole and tie them to the bumper of a speeding truck.
I thought there was only one shape for each scale.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by altarofdemise

You thought wrong - that's a pretty common mistake, though.

If you're willing to learn more or are unsure of anything and would like clarification... all you have to do is ask and I'm sure I and others will jump at the chance to help you with this lame subject.
Quote by altarofdemise

Scales continue on and on forever, beyond the scale of the instrument. They don't stop and they aren't restricted to one place.
Looking for my India/Django.