Jackson DK2 Pro Series for $179
? Color: Black
? Body: Alder
? Neck: Bolt-On Rock Maple
? Fingerboard: Rosewood
? Neck Dimensions: 1st Fret: .735?, 12th Fret: .810?
? Frets: 24 Jumbo
? Inlays: MOTO Shark Fin Position
? Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
? Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed® HB-102B Humbucker
? Middle Pickup: Duncan Designed® SC-101 Single-Coil
? Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed® SC-101 Single-Coil
? Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
? Switching: 5-Way
? Bridge: JT580 Low Profile Double Locking Tremolo
? Hardware: Chrome
? Scale Length: 25.5?
? Width at Nut: 1-11/16?

The other guitar im thinking of is a JS30RR. I have about an hour to think on this. Help please
Does it have to be a jackson? I would definately pass, because that bridge on the DK SUCKS, and the duncan designs arent to great, but for 179 u could definately expect worst. And the JS series is just straight up bad.

I would hold off, save up for a quality guitar......

On the other hand, for 100$ more you can get an Ibanez RG321MH..... Mahogony body, AANJ , Wizard 2 neck, and string-thru.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Try both, along with some other guitars that you would save up for. If you still want them, pick the one you like better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ XENN!! You should know better lol..

You dont want the guy to buy something hes going to regret.

My advice definately stands, SAVE UP! Dont be in such a rush.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
If he really likes them, there won't be any convincing.

If you're unsure, I really suggest you wait. You can get much, much better guitars. Even with only $300 or so.

Don't make a mistake like I did with my MG. I bought it because it was what they had. I settled for it, when I should have gone for something like a Peavey Valveking.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'll wait. I have a Fender Strat mexican which im starting to despise. I play rock and it sucks trying to play on that thing.

I would LOVE a new guitar. Been waiting for over a year now. But i guess i'll save up my money and get a better one for around 600. Or i'll get the JS30RR since its starting to get crazy good reviews. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good guitar that isn't over 1k dollars that can be use for Rock?
I have a dk2, Im very happy with it, I traded down from a slsmg to a dk2, you can directly swap the bridge for an original floyd to which is what I plan on doing....the trem stays in tune for me anyways...and for duncan designed pickups they are excellent...better then the emg hz's in the slsmg..hope that helps
Quote by koikomoru
I'll wait. I have a Fender Strat mexican which im starting to despise. I play rock and it sucks trying to play on that thing.

I would LOVE a new guitar. Been waiting for over a year now. But i guess i'll save up my money and get a better one for around 600. Or i'll get the JS30RR since its starting to get crazy good reviews. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good guitar that isn't over 1k dollars that can be use for Rock?

Let's see...from least to most expensive;

Washburn WI64D - $300
Epiphone Vintage G-400 - $300
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top - $400
Epiphone Elitist SG - ~$600
Washburn WI66PRO - $650
Washburn Pilsen Idol - $900
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom - $1000

There are also Ibanez and Schecters that are great for under $1000, but I don't know the models off the top of my head.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ The trem, but besides that nothing.

I dont like their neck joints, not as near as good as an ibanez AANJ.... Lot more fret access with the ibanez.

For an extra 100$, you can get an RG1570 = pwnage.

Threadstarter, im glad you took the advice. If you really want a new guitar, go for the RG321MH if you dont need a trem. Its a 600-700$ guitar, for 280$..... AMAZING guitar for the price!

Like i said before, mahogony body, Wizard 2 neck with NO heel and an AANJ, string-thru......

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBARG321MH

If you buy one, MAKE SURE its the MH(mahogony) model, which is what i provided in the link.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Yes, get it!
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by altarofdemise
Yes, get it!

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
holy smoke $179 for dk2 thats a steal man!
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
u could get a black or cherry Gibson Explorer new for $1049

and probly a used gibson would go for under a grand
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
can we have some pics?
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Is this an old DK2? I'm looking on Jackson's site, Duncan designed pups aren't introduced until the X series, Pro are Seymour Duncan, MG are EMGs...
As someone who checked out a JS30RR for himself..

DO NOT GET IT.
they slapped randys name on it and just threw it ou tthere to make some bucks off chumps.
from a distance/the untrained eye it seems like a great guitar.
but the craftsmanship on 9/10 of them are horrid, as are the pickups.

it gets good reviews because people are chumps. every last one of us. do you not see BC rich which are notoriously bad getting great reviews? marshall MG's?\
someone who just got the guitar and is extremely happy about it will of course go around claiming its the best guitar for its dollar, and plays better than anythign theyve tried. but in all reality, there is probably better.

if you really like it, go for it. but if you want something still in that price range and not so ****ty, take a look at an Ibanez or Epiphone

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by ClassicAxe
Does it have to be a jackson? I would definately pass, because that bridge on the DK SUCKS, and the duncan designs arent to great, but for 179 u could definately expect worst. And the JS series is just straight up bad.

I would hold off, save up for a quality guitar......

On the other hand, for 100$ more you can get an Ibanez RG321MH..... Mahogony body, AANJ , Wizard 2 neck, and string-thru.

where is this ibanez for 100, the RG321MH?

link?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG Put this in your sig to keep DIMEBAG's memory alive

Silvertone Revolver guitar
B.C. Rich Warlock Deluxe Series
Dixon Acoustic
Silvertone Smart III Electric Guitar Amp
With that money you can get a used RG321MH (ebay of course)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?