i need help, i really like system of a downs songs, but the SOAD tuning sucks ass as i only use it for their songs and its really annoying havin to tune to it, i was wondering if there is any SOAD songs that i can play in standard tuning, i know roulette is in standard and i play it, i have also found that u can play chop suey in standard from the tabs for the tuning they use by altering them slightly i have put a tab for it up if it gets approved check it out, and i can play toxicity in standard with a few alterations but any help with other songs would be great, i would really like to play, LONELY DAY, AERIALS, ATWA, REVENGA, SUGAR, BYOB,
any help greatly appreciated
thanks

Edit: Even songs in drop d would do , thanks again
Last edited by ch715dallat at Jul 21, 2006,
the intro to atwa can be played in standard like so:

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----2--------1--------4--------6------7------6--------4--------2-------
D----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--2----2---0----0---4----4/5----5/7----7/5----5/4----4--2------2---
Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.

Quote by frusciante_man1
SP is a god. I just want to rip off all my clothing and have sex with him, but I'm afraid people might think I'm gay.
Use a capo and capo it on the negative frets.
Unless you are such a wuss that you don't use the negative frets.

And i am serious, this is a serious answer.
wot the hell are negative frets, and why did u call me a wuss for not doing something i have never heard of
Just play them as the tab says without tuning your bass to SOADs tuning :P
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
i dont play bass u fool, lol, only messin, ur not afool, but i dont play bass, man only guitar
Well, if you don't play along with the CD, it'll sound generally the same if you just play it in standard dropped-D tuning.
For System of a Down, their first 3 albums (self-titled, Steal This Album, and Toxicity) they tune to C-G-C-F-A-D. For Hypnotize and mezmerize, they tune at Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb and if you have questions about tabs, i have to of their guitar books so message me, tha_ddevil... please. You can tune with a piano or use the notes sounds fron guitar pro or power tab.
i've just finished learning lonely day on the guitar but when i play it, it sounds way out of tune. i made sure my guitar was fully in tune but i think that the tuning for the song is different. if anyone knows can you please tell me? i have to do this for my school performance exam. it would be alot better if i had the right tuning...thank you
Quote by tha_ddevil
For System of a Down, their first 3 albums (self-titled, Steal This Album, and Toxicity) they tune to C-G-C-F-A-D. For Hypnotize and mezmerize, they tune at Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb and if you have questions about tabs, i have to of their guitar books so message me, tha_ddevil... please. You can tune with a piano or use the notes sounds fron guitar pro or power tab.

One of the songs on the album Toxicity isnt tuned like that...
The song "Aerials" is tuned C-G-C-G-B-E
Every song on the first three albums are in Drop C tuning(C G C F A D), most songs from the last two albums are in Drop C#(C# G# C# F# A# D#/Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb), but some remain in Drop C. None of them are in standard or Drop D tuning, although it is possible, it's more challenging and you wouldn't be able to get the lower notes that you should get in Drop C.