I was talkin' to my guitar teacher today about me possibly buying an Ibanez RG1570. I asked him if he thought it was a good idea, he said "Well, you have an Ibanez, yeah the RG has some cool stuff like the trem, but still, you have an Ibanez. I would look at something else, another brand". I think he's right in some ways, but there's not many other great guitars for the price. I play alot of hard rock and some metal. The only other guitars i've really looked at are an SG Standard for about $1250, and a Les Paul Standard for about $2,200.

So what do you guys think, listen to the teacher and get a different guitar (list some!), or just go and get it anyway?
for 2K you get a lot of guitar^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
completyl yoru call man, if you really like the other ibanez go for it, but if not get something else mebe gibson, fender, jackson or mebe bc rich?

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Well I could get the Ibanez in a month or two, since its $750. The SG I could maybe get for Christmas if I save, and it would take me about a year to get the Les Paul.
I don't know, all of those guitar feel completely different to the hands, what will you be playing on it the most?
dont buy a guitar jsut becsaue its i your price range, if you really like one of the more expensive models save up and buy it when you have the money, then youll have the guitar you wanted and itll be twice as rewarding to think youver really earned it

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Check out some nice strats, or maybe an Ernie Ball Musicman, or Les Pauls.

Maybe PRS's too if there any in that price range.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
theres nothing wrong with Ibanezes, the high end ones are great guitars
Well mostly im going to be playing Classic Rock and Modern Rock/Metal. So I need something that can handle stuff like Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, Pink Floyd, stuff like that.

Basically Classic Rock and Metal
You can always build your own axe... I've built 3, it's fun and you can build it to your exact preference. it's a good way to learn how an electric guitar works and how you can change the sound by the wiring, the pots, and of course the pickups.
schecters.

best for the money.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Hmmmm, I would go with either one of the Gibsons then. Sure the Metallica and Megadeth might be awkward, but you get used to it, hell, Kirk Hammet plays a Les Paul on a few songs
If you like the Gibson SG Standard, look into Epiphone Elitist SG's. They're about $600 and are nearly the same specwise as the Gibson SG Standard.

Also look at Washburns. For $1500 you can get a USA Custom Shop WI68. It will be just as good as or better than the Gibson LP Standard. And it's custom shop.

Also, the Washburn WI68 (along with any other Washburn that's above ~$300) has coil tapping, so it will be easy for you to get all the sounds you want.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I don't know much about them, but look into the PRS SE series. There might be something there that appeals to you.
"There is no position in sport as noble as goaltending"
- Vladislav Tretiak
Quote by noah22791
or maybe an Ernie Ball Musicman

Those beauties don't get anywhere the press they deserve on here. Or anywhere else come to that.

Fantastic guitars and one day I hope to own one.
Quote by backtothe70s
for 2K you get a lot of hookers^^

fix'd
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
sell the GS, buy the RG, then buy another guitar of different brand with the money from the GS and then some.

trust me, its always nice having 2 different styles/brands of guitars to **** around with.

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Check out some Schecters (C1 Plus, Hellraiser FR, Classic) or maybe an Ibanez S, i'm getting mine in a few days.
"For 2k you get a lot of HOOKERS

Quote by Sapple Pass
fix'd

yeah.... thats true but i got a girlfriend so and even if i dident I dont have 2K
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Your Ibanez isn't exactly a good one, the RG1570 is much better, and who cares if it's the same brand?

But, if you have 2k money, I'd look into the EBMM John Petrucci model. IMO it is one of the perfect guitars there are out there. The bridge is shaped in a way that lends itself well to palm muting and rhythm playing, but if you want to do a good ole' fashioned divebomb or some crazy shizzle it can do that too. The neck feels a billion times better than a 1570's too, IMO.
haha
Quote by backtothe70s
"For 2k you get a lot of HOOKERS

yeah.... thats true but i got a girlfriend so and even if i dident I dont have 2K

thats good. we all need aids like a nail in the foot.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
What about the Epi Elitist LP standard or custom? Aren't they supposed to be better than low-end gibsons, and it makes sense to get this because you know you aren't really paying for the name......
I own an RG1570..why is it that im the only one who had problems with it? It sounds great and plays well... but there was fret buzz, really bad ones. Even putting the action way up high couldnt fix it. Now the neck isnt straight to rid the buzz.
With that kind of monet I would say ESP Japan...the Ibanez is awesome too, might wanna' check out the RGT Prestige 320
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Quote by winkybear
I own an RG1570..why is it that im the only one who had problems with it? It sounds great and plays well... but there was fret buzz, really bad ones. Even putting the action way up high couldnt fix it. Now the neck isnt straight to rid the buzz.

Dude, that has NOTHING to do with the guitar causing the problems, you need to get it set up....

Threadstarter, go for the Ibanez. I sold the jackson in my sig, and im going all ibanez. Nothing at all wrong with that.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Dude, that has NOTHING to do with the guitar causing the problems, you need to get it set up....

Threadstarter, go for the Ibanez. I sold the jackson in my sig, and im going all ibanez. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Yea, i sent it for set up. He adjusted the truss rod so that the buzz wouldnt be there. The buzz was there because the frets werent levelled.