Does anyone know if they sell the all white guitar Prince had in the Purple Rain movie? if they ever even marketed it then please tell me a place where i'd be able to purchase it.
That guitar screems custom, but he ahs also used a Tele (you can see the Tele in "When The Doves Cry" video)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I dunno but thats the only thing in relation to his body that I would wear. (that 80's clothing is horrible).

By the Way, Prince is an extremely underrated guitarist.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
**** yeah he is, he's amazing.

Man, I wish I could find that guitar too, but I doubt it was ever a production model. I'm sure that with a little cash, however, you could get your hands on one.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
yeah....i dunno, i figured maybe they might have mass produced it due to the movie...it's a pretty sweet guitar, probably sounds like crap in real life...but still sweet none the less...
^ that's a Rickenbacker 330 I think, but it doesn't have the Rick bridge.
EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't watch it to the end, I have no clue what the white one is.
Last edited by El Codyo at Jul 20, 2006,
You're never going to find an original Husain...I'm pretty sure Prince has all of the originals. Schecter builds copies of the original for prince, and at one time they made a small run of replicas. It seems that some are for sale on the NPG site, but I can't get the page up right now to confirm. See http://www.angelfire.com/music5/hectim/cloud_faq.html for details.

Have you thought about just building one? The body is fairly simple to dupe. And it would probably be better anyway...Prince is a big fan of all-maple guitars, and the replicas follow the same formula so they're probably just as bright as the original.