hey you all

I just recorded somethin that was supposed to be the Red Hot Chili Peppers Californication but i wasn't quite happy with it, so...
As my 20th bday will be this sunday and im going to get a new guitar, i'm planning on playing that song to my guests (the ones that'll pay for my new baby lol).

Could you just tell me what i should improve on?

I know there are pauses and screw ups in it (i was scrolling down the lyrics...) but that's not the point. I didn't play this song too often and never heard an acoutic version of it, so i wonder if you could tell me some nice way of strumming, etc.

and btw: i know my guitar sounds like a tin can...or a toy from walmart

peace!

link in sig!
Last edited by dEipHoBoS at Jul 20, 2006,
I agree with Kopperhead91, and next time you try and record a song, try learning the lyrics by heart heh!
Come on guys, if he wants to strum then he can... he's going to be performing by himself after all. It's not that big of a deal that he wants a fuller sound with the lack of bass and drums. Enough defending though, learn to control the level and tone of your voice. It shoots badly off key and some points and is a distraction in a slow song like this.

Would you mind checking out my Ms. Jackson cover?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397499
Slow er down. Strum it slower man, seriously its too rushed..

Whenever I play this song on my acustic I just throw in the bass notes with the guitar, then start strumming at the pre chorus (pay your surgeon very well..), works pretty well.

It overall just sounds too rushed, I like this song slow and mellow, especially on an acustic
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

Whenever I play this song on my acustic I just throw in the bass notes with the guitar, then start strumming at the pre chorus (pay your surgeon very well..), works pretty well.

It overall just sounds too rushed, I like this song slow and mellow, especially on an acustic

i agree with peaceful rocker!! adding a bit off the bass lines would rock!!

it does sound a bit rushed too, and the guitar tone doesnt exist!!

oh well, it was a nice try to be a bit different and is pretty cool!!
Quote by yourmom09
i still think you rock, jimmy.

Quote by MonkeyOnDope
badass man just badass

Equipment:
- Dean Razorback
- Parker P-42
- Ibanez SA 160 QMAM
- Line 6 Spider II 210
- Boss GT8
- Boss BR900 CD

http://jimi.dmusic.com/music/
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

i agree with that however peaceful rocker... your a guitarist, a guitar owner, and you cant spell acoustic... hehe jp
lol i just played all ur songs...and have come to this conclusion: you dont know what a riff is do u lol
Quote by RM2006
lol i just played all ur songs...and have come to this conclusion: you dont know what a riff is do u lol

well u should know that i play guitar since winter '05 :]
hey what are the tabs u used for playin this, i only got the tabs for the electric and i wouldnt mind having th chords u used for the acoustis as the intro is different, u strum it but i dunno th echords so pm me them please
Quote by dEipHoBoS
well u should know that i play guitar since winter '05 :]

lol u lyin bastard u told me summer '05, which is also when i started playing guitar!!! LMAO

id like to see u get an ESP or sumin and get drunk with power over the crazy amount of noise u can make lol
Quote by RM2006
lol u lyin bastard u told me summer '05, which is also when i started playing guitar!!! LMAO

id like to see u get an ESP or sumin and get drunk with power over the crazy amount of noise u can make lol

haha lol dude
i played some electric at first (that was late summer '05) but i broke my fender stratocaster or the amp.. i still don't know so i switched to my dad's old acoustic in like October or somthin (i never had lessons btw).

and hm... i got ESP in my car, but it ain't makin any noise so far.
Quote by ch715dallat
hey what are the tabs u used for playin this, i only got the tabs for the electric and i wouldnt mind having th chords u used for the acoustis as the intro is different, u strum it but i dunno th echords so pm me them please

Am F for the verse and prechorus

Chorus is
C, G, Dm, Am

thats the entire song
i just did a version with pickin (> sig)
CHECK it out.
got some mistakes in it coz i didn't take to much time on it.
Quote by dEipHoBoS
i just did a version with pickin (> sig)
CHECK it out.
got some mistakes in it coz i didn't take to much time on it.

nice job man. id like to hear the full song done this way. did you pick and play at same time or layer vocals over it?
im goin to get my new guitar in the next few days.. so i'll redo everythin on my soundklick...
this time i did instruments first and sang over it..

thx for the crit
I would play that Jack Johnson cover for the people you are playing in front of. That was a great cover.
Quote by jmac72187
I would play that Jack Johnson cover for the people you are playing in front of. That was a great cover.

thank u.
Your second cover isn't bad, its ok, the backing vocals go off key a bit, so does your voice. That and you play parts of the bass line wrong in the verse.

I honestly didn't like the strummed one in the beginning, but this one is ok.