Im looking for a nice wah pedal for metal and classic rock, for under $150. The one im mainly looking at is the Zakk Wylde wah. It has great reviews, and I really like his tone.

What do you guys think?
The Vox 847 kicks some ass for classic rock, not sure about how it would handle high gain tho, and you can always fall back on a crybaby classic.
You can buy a used Crybaby and get a Zakk Wylde wah for 50 dollars. The Zakk Wylde wah is basically a standard Crybaby, with some minor changes...

Budwah?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Personally I like the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie wah.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
the IBANEZ WEEPING DEMON
ive compared it to crybabys, and boss wah, and this has so many fukcing features and the most amazing sound ever!!!
delay time, fine tuners, bass filter, spring tension tuners, pedal friction tuners, auto on, pedal control.
****ING GET IT OR YOULL REGRET IT!!!! GRR!
^that rhymes. so you know its good.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
You can buy a used Crybaby and get a Zakk Wylde wah for 50 dollars. The Zakk Wylde wah is basically a standard Crybaby, with some minor changes...

Budwah?

How can I get a Zakk Wylde wah for $50?
i have the zakk wylde wah. it is amazing
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Quote by curtis loew
i have the zakk wylde wah. it is amazing

Is it worth the $130?
Quote by El Codyo
Ebay is your friend.

I found it for about 70-80 buy it now. I dont have time to wait and bid and perhaps loose it. Im just gonna get a buy it now, since my birthday is Saturday, ill tr to get my dad to order it tomorrow night or Saturday.
Quote by TJM2482
I found it for about 70-80 buy it now. I dont have time to wait and bid and perhaps loose it. Im just gonna get a buy it now, since my birthday is Saturday, ill tr to get my dad to order it tomorrow night or Saturday.

I usually use BIN too, snipers piss me off.
Looks like im probably gonna go with a wah.

Now I just have to decide whether to get the Boss OD-20 or the Digitech Distortion Factory
I have the Zakk Wylde Wah is great, I think it was based off the original Vox, but the tone is deeper than the other Dunlop Wahs. If you play live, i think its better to go with the Dimebag wah or something with a LED light, so u can see if its on or off.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
I have the Zakk Wylde Wah is great, I think it was based off the original Vox, but the tone is deeper than the other Dunlop Wahs. If you play live, i think its better to go with the Dimebag wah or something with a LED light, so u can see if its on or off.

Deeper? I want a nice full wah but nothing muddy and really deep. Something that can sound both light, like it has tons of treble, and also a heavy deep metal sound.
The Bad Horsie one is nice, just go to the store and try some out. Your ear never lies.
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
The Bad Horsie one is nice, just go to the store and try some out. Your ear never lies.

The closest store that would have it is over an hour away, and both my parents work, it'd be hard to get there. My best bet is ordering it online.
You can hear sound clips on musiciansfriend.com
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Wow, the Vai wah sounds amazing as well. Whats the difference between the contour wah and the regular one?
I think theres an adjustment thing on there, to me the contour sounds deeper. But eh, lets have someone else's opinion.
FlickR
VTM 60 Tube Head
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Budda wah. Absolutely great.
Snarling dogs whine o wah.
Vox Clyde McCoy

If you can find one of the Keeley or Teese wahs in your price range they're definite buys.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.