I think i havea good idea of what saturation, and i was wondering how i could get more of that sound or would i hav e to push the amp, because i usually dont play my amp too loud.

My gear is a Fender Super Reverb ---> BAd Monkey -----> Marshall Jackhammer. I know the Fender isnt the best amp to get that kinda sound, but i was wondering if you guys had any tips.
Fenders = too much headroom on most of them

the saturation you hear about is mainly coming from the power amp, and to get it its really a thing of cranking the thing, which is usually loud. You can however get an attenuator, which plugs in betweent he amp and the speaker and allows you to lower the volume level of the sound going to the speaker, while still cranking up the volume on the amp.
Quote by seljer
Fenders = too much headroom on most of them

the saturation you hear about is mainly coming from the power amp, and to get it its really a thing of cranking the thing, which is usually loud. You can however get an attenuator, which plugs in betweent he amp and the speaker and allows you to lower the volume level of the sound going to the speaker, while still cranking up the volume on the amp.

yeah i was thinking about that, but attenuator are pricey so im seeing maybe if there are alternatives, its not that big of a deal, but itd be nice to have a super saturated sound every once in a while
i have a fender twin reverb. i bought a modded pedal which cured it for me. Just practicing at home i keep the volume at 2 (which is 1 on the twin, don't know about the super reverb) and the pedal does a fairly good job. We just basically put it as loud as the place will allow and let an OD pedal take over.

but you can't beat our jazz/blus tone
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns