New DISILLUSION album out on October 20th/23rd, 2006!

After 15 months of hard work at Salvation Recording - and therefore silence towards the outside world - first details about the new album by the exceptional Leipzig-based metal band DISILLUSION are becoming available.

During this time, the band had to defend the evolution of its very own sound through heated controversies, getting rid of stylistic boundaries and taboos left and right.

The end result is eleven unusual songs full of self-confidence. Heavy, grooving, cheerful, martial, demanding and danceable, all at the same time. Despite the morbid cynicism resulting from the clearly modern sound of the new tracks, the euphoric and human components of DISILLUSION are still omnipresent.

So album number 2 won't be a gutless safety copy of the successful predecessor "Back To Times Of Splendor" - although there are some strong parallels: The new album promises an equally orgiastic listening experience and has got the potential to cause quite a stir within the metal scene and beyond.

The recording of the album should be finished in July, and the record will be mastered in August by one of the big names in the business.

Titles of the songs and the album are still open - "there's too much that is still undescribable for ourselves" (Schmidt).

The album will be released on October 20th/23rd, 2006 via Metal Blade Records.
Thoughts?

I'm excited. Back to Times of Splendor was delicious.
Finally another Disillusion fan. I've been jamming Back in the Times of Splendor constantly lately because I'm so excited about this. If anyone hasn't heard of this band do yourself a favor...

And the Mirror Cracked!!!
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Hmm, 11 songs, thats about twice as many as on Back to Times of Splendor. I heard they decided to ditch their "trademark" sound because it was impossible to recreate live without the use of about 10 band members lol. If anyone has seen the video for Alone i stand in fires, its a pretty cool sight. Anyway, should be good.
Quote by Metal Matt
Finally another Disillusion fan. I've been jamming Back in the Times of Splendor constantly lately because I'm so excited about this. If anyone hasn't heard of this band do yourself a favor...

And the Mirror Cracked!!!
Yeah I think I've only ever seen you mention them. Very underrated.

Fall is just so damn catchy.