I didn't know whether to put this in the wolfmother thread or not. But i just came out of my slumber, just after one of their concerts (Sydney), and man they were awesome. Did any one else get there. The two bands who played before were, meh. One was ****, the Tucker-B's. But this other band Dungen were alright. Swedish band with flute. Not heaps like Jethro Tull, but they had flute, and were pretty awesome.
Then Bam Margera, Steve-O and Weeman came out. Now i'm an ex fan of jackass and cky and all that, but it was still awesome to have them introduce the band. Bought back memories of CKY and stuff.
Then Wolfmother came out and just rocked the night away, and i think my friend got birthday cake when Andrew was throwing it to us. Anyway the mosh was pretty tame but I was glad cause i wasn't feeling up to a big mosh that night.
I was kinda sad, I was the only one sticking up for guitar, yknow, hand in the air doing fretboard movements. Next, Yngwie Malmsteen is coming out here, so i'm hopeful ly getting tix for that. Apparently he's not so chubby anymore!

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I kinda like Wolfmother or what Ive heard. I mean it is a total throwback to old school garage rock and theres little to no originality present, but still it's a welcome change from all the cookie cutter bullsh it thats been goin around
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
wolfmother has recently became my favorite band my only one complaint is that most of their song rifts are based arond 7, 5 and 9 on the fret board, which isn't downgrading them alot form what they are, i would love for a wm concert to come around here, they are the first reason i'm gettin a phaser pedal.
i live in melboourne and wolfmother are serously the best rock n roll band out in australia today, with the obvious enfluences of the old school rock and roll bands. closed thing to Led Zepelin out today.
any one agree?
Damm you Dennis!!!
Yeah i went to see them in melb and they were awesome. Tucker B's sucked ass and Dungen arent really my thing but wolfmother were bloody good. the mosh sucked. But damn they got into it and it was a great concert
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
yeah i definetly think wolfmother are one of my favorite bands now. i used to think they were kinda trying to be led zeppelin or something, but i dont think that anymore.
Quote by liesofautumn
I kinda like Wolfmother or what Ive heard. I mean it is a total throwback to old school garage rock and theres little to no originality present, but still it's a welcome change from all the cookie cutter bullsh it thats been goin around

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I think there's a lot of originality present. That lead singer has a really different voice, nothing like I've ever heard. They don't have rediculously long songs with boring solos. I think they're a fresh new sound with a lot of potential.

Anyways, I hopefully will get to see them live at the Virgin Festival.
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

I've seen Wolfmother live once before (2 more times in the next few months tho...)
And they were honestly (out of ALL the gigs I've been to) the best live performance ever, it was exactly how I'd describe "perfect"
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
they're listenable, but I hated their live performance. I went to Big Day Out when they played, and I didn't like it much

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I like Wolfmother, I like the blend of Zep, Sabbath, Dio even. I like a band that can blend yet create.
I love them, I saw them a couple months ago here in Milwaukee and they played at a pretty small venue; it was a lot of fun having them up close. The whole place was crazy, there were a lot of people in a small area, tons of fun
there live performance was amazing when i saw them, but not that good for my mate who got his leg pissed on in the mosh i guess. Do they play any new material in there shows these days?
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
well i am still dirty at having to send my splendour tix back for a refund (my mate got done for drink driving and had to go to court on the saturday, long story). a lot in part due to the awesome time wolfmother dished out at homebake.

i am a bit sceptical though, i hadn't gotten into them prior to that so the songs were new and exciting. i think they'd lack the same novelty if i saw them again.
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
Quote by mcww1
I love them, I saw them a couple months ago here in Milwaukee and they played at a pretty small venue; it was a lot of fun having them up close. The whole place was crazy, there were a lot of people in a small area, tons of fun

Same happened with me, small venue, amaaaazing gig, I got to touch his hair I was that close! lol
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by aus_guitarman
i live in melboourne and wolfmother are serously the best rock n roll band out in australia today

I live in america..... but um, I'm gonna have to say silverchair still holds that title.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Mattalac
I didn't know whether to put this in the wolfmother thread or not. But i just came out of my slumber, just after one of their concerts (Sydney), and man they were awesome. Did any one else get there. The two bands who played before were, meh. One was ****, the Tucker-B's. But this other band Dungen were alright. Swedish band with flute. Not heaps like Jethro Tull, but they had flute, and were pretty awesome.
Then Bam Margera, Steve-O and Weeman came out. Now i'm an ex fan of jackass and cky and all that, but it was still awesome to have them introduce the band. Bought back memories of CKY and stuff.
Then Wolfmother came out and just rocked the night away, and i think my friend got birthday cake when Andrew was throwing it to us. Anyway the mosh was pretty tame but I was glad cause i wasn't feeling up to a big mosh that night.
I was kinda sad, I was the only one sticking up for guitar, yknow, hand in the air doing fretboard movements. Next, Yngwie Malmsteen is coming out here, so i'm hopeful ly getting tix for that. Apparently he's not so chubby anymore!

Hey i was there too, it was a great night ay, i thought tucker Bs werent too band, i loved Dungen and as for wolfmother, that was insane......... I loved the jams that they did, sort of extended versious on the songs, i just wish they had some new material..... Where i was, the mosh was insane, people punching on and stuff alot, it was great.......

Did you know that it was being filmed???? I think possibly for a live DVD.... I hope soo coz i was up the front and the camera looked at me and i pointed at my big stupid curly afro (reminicent of Andrew Stockdales) and the cameraman gave me the thumbs up!!!!!
PS Im gunna go 2 MAALMSTEEN too.... I cant wait!!!!! Black Label Society are also playing if you like them
i saw wofmother at t in the park n i wasnt goin to listen to them i was gonna go to some other stage bt i listened to them n i fot they wer excellent. really hard rock n roll i thot woman was excellent man
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I live in america..... but um, I'm gonna have to say silverchair still holds that title.

silverchair are my favourte band at the moment, but there last album and tours were in 2003 and 04 soo yeh havnt herd much about them, but i no silverchair are playing at homebake in december.
Damm you Dennis!!!
Quote by liesofautumn
no originality present, but still it's a welcome change from all the cookie cutter bullsh it thats been goin around

just thought i'd point that out

but i saw them on tv and they sucked the keys sound horrible and the guitarist try to do something i don't even know what he was thinking but it just sound awful
I saw them at lollapalooza a few days ago and they were great. The crowed was really into it and so was the band. The singer/guitarist threw his guitar in the air (To his roadie who almost dropped it). Tossed the microphone in the air and let it slam into the ground. Then jumped up and over his amp threw the drummer's drink and it hit a stage light, attacked him with a towel, and tackled him to the ground. And the keyboard player was badass too lifting his big keyboard around played it while it was on its side, then dragged it around by some sort of effect pedal.
i quite like them but they need to riff more spectacularly than they do (not putting down what they already do, which is very old school)
I saw them live on some TV show, and i thought they sounded a lot like the album does, which impressed me.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
saw them at SXSW this year, and it was alright... but it was mostly a publicity record signing stunt so that was some bull ****.

then later that day i ran into the bassist at a conoco and he seemed pretty cool.

but personally i think there are better classic sounding bands, but at least this sound is making its way back to radio.
Wolfmother is deff in my top 5 right now. I saw them at endfest allong w/ the red hot chili peppers, mars volta, nine black alps, the subways and some other ppl and the only band better than them was rchp. They put on rocking shows and there bassist plays bass and keyboards at the same time...crazy ****. The keyboard was at the the left "their left, my right" corner of the stage at the start and by the time they were done it was tipped on its side in front of the drum set!!!!! Im definatly gonna have 2 see them again.