I am in this band and they want me to be the lead guitarist and share vocal duty. I have been playing for only about 7 months. The rhythm guitarist has been playing for about a year and our bassist has been playing the guitar for two years. I need your help in what I should do? Should I leave the band I help create and work on the basics or should I stay in my band and learn as I go?
learn as you go, im already in a band, ive only been playing like 3-5 months, i didnt count.... but anyway weve started a band of noobs that will do covers until we get good...
Quote by Arlabester
learn as you go, im already in a band, ive only been playing like 3-5 months, i didnt count.... but anyway weve started a band of noobs that will do covers until we get good...

yes learn as you go....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Learn as you go. My friends, a really good bassist and a really good guitarist invited me into their band as a rhythm guitarist a long while ago. Just watching them play, and playing with them, I got ALOT better at guitar. Go for it.

What kind of music, and well.. put it this way, if they invited you for lead guitar, YOu have gotta be slightly good.
just go for it man, try it out for several weeks, and if you dont like it, you can always quit. it will be a good experience.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Yeah dude, learn by playing with other musicians, even if they suck, it's not important. If you have fun playing with them, don't ask yourself useless question. If you leave the band, you'll only regret it, you wont even become a better guitarist. Do covers dude, make mistakes, that's the way you learn.
well i decided not to join a band......already regret it, but the guy said if i ever want to be in one, talk to him. i probably will next time i see him.
Caution:
well you just could cover your favorite songs.....that would make sense......
Caution:
Last edited by Good Riddance at Jul 21, 2006,
The thing is my bassist's and rhythm guitarist's favorites are simple Punk songs while my favorites are more difficult Metal Songs.
oh....

theres also the choice of making a few changes to a song

the song every step you take ive hear covered as a punk song, by Less than Jake, or at least thats who it said....
Caution:
only join if your drummer is dece.
you wont learn anything if he cant hold a beat/rythym

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby