i was looking at a roland cube 30 at a pawnshop, and it was only 129 bucks. its in perfect working order. i was wondeing if anyone had experience with it, is it a good buy?
I say buy it. Its a great amp, probobly the best in the price range. I would look on ebay first to see what its going for there.
Yes, get it
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I got one, its great. Has settings for different sounds: "classic" (rock), "metal", "r-fier" (grunge / heavy distortion), "british" (modelled after a vox), "acoustic", and some other one, I forget.
It also has phaser, flanger, chorus, tremelo, reverb, delay, and you can use a pedal with it.

I'd recomend it to everyone.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Basically most people will use the r-fier when using distortion, or tweed when acheiving a OD sound, or brit combo for ac/dc british stuff, or acoustic for acoustic

I don't know what black panel does though
the line 6 spider II might be better for that kind of music.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
does anybody here who owns the cube think that teh first stack model, like the one before rfier, is ****house? like it feels like your trapped in a box.
Someone said they didnt know what the black panel does up there. I like to think of it as a very poor excuse for a surf rock tone. On the plus side for a beginner surf tone it pwns a lot of others.
Quote by iam2phat

No.

The cube will beat the spider II hands down, and it's perfect for the style of music you wanna play.
Quote by fuzzypicklez
Someone said they didnt know what the black panel does up there. I like to think of it as a very poor excuse for a surf rock tone. On the plus side for a beginner surf tone it pwns a lot of others.

not the black panel but rather the first stack setting, like the stack setting before rfier. i think it's supposed to be emulating a marshall but it really feels like it's trapped in the box.
Quote by suicidalmoose
not the black panel but rather the first stack setting, like the stack setting before rfier. i think it's supposed to be emulating a marshall but it really feels like it's trapped in the box.

On the 60 that's a 5150.

60 models:
Acoustic
Black Panel
Brit Combo (Vox AC)
Tweed (Fender Bassman, I think)
Classic Stack (Some sort of Marshall)
Metal (Peavey 5150)
R-Fier (Mesa Dual Recto)
Dyna-Amp (30 does not have this, custom Roland amp model)

The 5150s are darker sounding amps, which is why it sounds like it's "trapped" to you. :P
Quote by iam2phat

iam2phat, go get a flamethrower, aim it between your legs, pull the trigger and set it to full fuel spray. This is to ensure human existence.
Quote by sg-rocker173
On the 60 that's a 5150.

60 models:
Acoustic
Black Panel
Brit Combo (Vox AC)
Tweed (Fender Bassman, I think)
Classic Stack (Some sort of Marshall)
Metal (Peavey 5150)
R-Fier (Mesa Dual Recto)
Dyna-Amp (30 does not have this, custom Roland amp model)

The 5150s are darker sounding amps, which is why it sounds like it's "trapped" to you. :P

wow now i know i don't want a 5150! **** it's like i have to turn it up for it to have any impact just sounds muddy otherwise. switching from that to the rfier and suddenly my distortion is a lot clearer, palm mutes are chunky, and there's more impact. maybe it's just badly modelled? come to think about it the 5150 model on my G2.1U is pretty bad too but i thought that was just cause the pedal was a Zoom.
yep i do like the black panel model, way better than i like the JC model or the acoustic, it's pretty warm sounding and gives a nice chili's sound imo.
Yeah, I can get some absolutely beautiful tone out of the Black Panel (with my Cube 60). Don't base your opinion of the 5150 on a modelling amp suicidalmosoe!
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
Yeah, I can get some absolutely beautiful tone out of the Black Panel (with my Cube 60). Don't base your opinion of the 5150 on a modelling amp suicidalmosoe!

I played a real 5150 at my local shop not too long ago, it's nice.

I was playing on a guitar that wasn't tuned properly, and the guy kept bitching when I touched the tuners.. so.. >_> I didn't really get the full effect. Plus, it wasn't that cranked. ><