I want a tube combo for a band im in... i want to sound good. I have a Crate GT65 now but we never jamed with it (my drummer needs a snare head) i got it a week ago off ebay. i know its loud enough... because its friggen loud, my crate 15 watt almost goes over my drummers drums and he a REALLY loud drummer.

Im not rich enough to get the 100 watt combo valve king. Im saving to get the 50watt valveking. Would it hurt the tube amp to have it cranked at full power all the time like i would in a band? is it a good idea to have a 50watt tube amp for a band?

i know it wont matter if i do a show, i could do a show with a 15 watt because we hook our stuff up to bigger speakers that are placed around our schools gym. Thats the only place to do a show around here and there is a local band that does shows there already.

I want some pedals and i raelly want to them sound good. so im selling my 2 crates to get a tube amp if i can. Ill be back in 30 mins.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
The 50 watt will be plenty loud. You shouldn't have to turn it up past 4 to cover your drummer.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
as above me said you shouldn't have to crank it to loud but tube amps are ment to be CRANKED!!!!!!!! The more you crank it the better it sounds.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Quote by stratster23
as above me said you shouldn't have to crank it to loud but tube amps are ment to be CRANKED!!!!!!!! The more you crank it the better it sounds.

Yeah? i didnt know that.
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
that depends on what tone you are looking for, they get some sweet overdrive when cranked but they have nice sounds at low volumes too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
50 is all your gonna need for a while.
My rig, homes:
Godin Freeway Floyd w/ Bill Lawrence XL-500 in bridge
Dunlop Wylde Wah
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Crate XT120R
SIT Strings 9-42
Dunlop Gator Grip picks 1.5mm

Want:
MIM Telecaster
Ibanez RG 1570
Crate Blue Voodoo
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that depends on what tone you are looking for, they get some sweet overdrive when cranked but they have nice sounds at low volumes too.

meh i can get what ever tone im looking for out of pedals. I only use emg pick ups so its metal music im mostly into. but i do have a lighter side and sometimes lower the gain a bit. i play numetal, metal core, speed metal you name it. slipknot, maiden, trivum, pantera, anthrax, devil driver, deftones ... and some atreyu ... i dont like emo music but i like atreyu
Quote by t.t deville