Page 1 of 2
I dont have a relationship, so i didnt put it in the relationship thread, but thats the problem. im 14 and live in Minnesota, and have probems talking to girls. in school im really quiet, but around my friends i can talk alot. i am to ashamed to ask my friends for help, so i came here to be anonymous. im not bad-looking or geeky, i just have problems talking to girls (that might qualify as geeky) so anyone have anytips?
well u obviosuly need to establish some confidence, there must be something that makes you shy? try changing your appearence? try just being more social, making small talk with a girl is huge to them, like starting a convo with a girl is the ice breaker, find common interests and go from there.. i tell ya man, i was the same sorta in highschool, once u become less shy it gets easier..
Maybe talk to your friends. If they really are your friends, they'd help you I talk to my friends, we have our guys talks

But anyway, the best way is to just brave it and talk to...whoever you wish to talk to.
everyone went through that stage at 1 point....just ask questions..any questions its the easiest way to get to talking. from there it will get easy
I used to have this sort of problem when i was a bit younger. Just pay attention whenever you see other people doing it, whether it be in real life or on TV, or in movies or whatever. The more you get to know the girl, the more you'll have to talk about. If you share interests, just talking about those is a good way to create a good friendship, at least.
Yeah I have the same problem. Today though since school started I was actually talking to more girls though. I just feel beter this year
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Welcome to the club. The one person I truly loved wastes her time with the dumbest mother ****er. And he's 19, like 3 1/2 years older than her. :\ Life's a bitch, ain't much I can really do about appearance. Since tripping, I'm not sure it really matters as much, I guess I kind of have to accept the loneliness, ya know. Bitching about it sure doesn't change anything, so why do it.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
I now believe you are truly the smartest man alive!!! You're a pimp!

I used him alright
The Founder & Fearless Frog of the Primus Sucks Club. PM me to join.
Member of the Mitch Hedberg Pwns club
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
Quote by Nikki Sixx
Yeah I have the same problem. Today though since school started I was actually talking to more girls though. I just feel beter this year

Your school started again already?
Quote by Nikki Sixx

Yeah, it's funny how things change from year to year.
Just talk to them like you would your friends, unless you talk about things girls would hate. The best way is to ask them how they are, what they've done this summer, etc. **** like that man, and ask with confidence. A chick loves it when you talk about them, not yourself.
~To live is to die~
Well you shouldn't be afraid of girls, they won't hurt you, infact you just have to be first a gentlemen have a good sense of humor, witty. For instance a good conversation starter is if you notice something different about them compliment them or just let them know you noticed. Then just ask a quetion and use small responses and let them do most of the talking
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair
oh, how i wish i could reverse that

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
Talk to them the same way you talk to your friends. I used to have the same problem. You have to realize that they're just people. Good luck, man.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Oh yeah you gotta have confidence, for instance say you have 2 inch dick with confidence you could convince her that its ten inches
Quote by caughtinamosh
i despise them... i don't understand why 4 inches is small for a penis, but long for hair
oh, how i wish i could reverse that

Quote by Chimaira
Some britsih guy said "Good Game" to me, and I thought he said "Your Gay". It was pretty funny.
^ That's not being confident, that's being incredibly sly.

I agree. You have to have confidence or during a small lull in the conversation you'll most likely panic and make it a whole lot worse.
Quote by YoungPilgrim
Talk to them the same way you talk to your friends.

Fart jokes and telling them to check out other girls' asses is not the way to get them...
I used to have the same problem so basically when I talk to a girl I think to myself "she's probbably way out of my league anyway so what the h*ll does it matter anyway if I f*ck up?" It's wierd but it helped me overcome my shyness.
talk to your grandparents, then do exactly what you do with them with the girl. except in stead of trying to rush them off the phone or something, you wanna make the conversation last as long as possible.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
i have that problem too. i never talked at all in eighth grade and now everyone thinks i have mental problems and they act all weird around me.
except some of the people there think i'm cool cuz i play guitar
Quote by ohio_emokid
i have that problem too. i never talked at all in eighth grade and now everyone thinks i have mental problems and they act all weird around me:

Did you show your dick to them?
Quote by SilentDeftone
^ They think you're weird because you talk to them about showing your wang to a fat crusty-vagina armpit girl.

-SD

damn, I was gonna say that.

You suck now SD.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
walk up to a girl u like, and be like "i have a penis ya know" , then now that thats out of the way, you should be fine
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
I have the same problem. You just gotta bare down and try it, it might be awkward, but hey, you'll built confidence.
im a girl. we usually have some sort of picture of things on our school binder. or like stickers of brand names, or pictures of bands. start with that, like "have you seen them live", or "i like that brand/band, too". something like that.

When i was in 6th and 7th grade i had issues talking to a couple of guys. Mostly because I knew that he liked my best friend, and she didnt know it. and he didnt know that i knew that he liked her. so it was just awkward., then i caught him on it and they went out for 10 months.

anyway, DONT CHANGE YOUR APPEARANCE. you probably look just fine, you just need to put yourself out there.
The best advice I have for you is to just figure out that they arent different from guys really. Just talk to them like you would a guy.. minus dirty sex jokes and women jokes. Just.. chat to them about what you like and they like, like any other human being.

Then date them.

And f'k em.

*is an extreme virgin*

*forever *
Don't worry about it. Most guys are like that at that age. Most chicks your age are checking out the guys that are 16-17. So the theory is, just wait until you're 16-17 and then you can check out the chicks you want to check out now. Until then, just try to get comfortable around girls. Make fun of them and stuff. You still have soo much time to get serious.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
dude everyone's got that, seriously check out how other guys talk to girls, it's not rocket science it's just the ice breaker that's nervewracking at first, just don't think of it as even being an icebreaker, just a way of being nice to another human and starting a conversation. and don't think about "oh hey what should i say to get into her pants" hehe seriously now and then i've had no intentions and been surprised at what just making pleasant conversation has done.
plus you are 14 man, you've got plenty of time to practice before actually getting to work. hell it took a while before i felt like even bothering with a relationship.
Just walk up to them, say "hello ladies..... how would you like to be in a movie?" Or else just ask them what kinda music they like or something. just be witty, suave and slick. Just as long as you don't show them a picture of your trouser snake like that one dude did, you should be golden.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
as a girl, this is my advice.

just relax and talk to her as a friend at first. it's not like you're giving a speech, she has to hold up her end of the conversation. and if you can't just chill and talk, the relationship won't work. after she decides you're a decent guy, ask if she wants to hang out at a show or a movie or something (or whatever you're into). *shrug* and don't brag. confidence kicks ass, but don't be rude.

EDIT: and she already knows you like her because you took the initiative to go up and chat.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
this one time when i was skippin school, while i was walking home which is 10km or over some primary school girls that were on a bus going somewhere were checking me out, that was slightly awkward considering they would have been about 2-3 years younger than me

but anyway, i used to be like you and still am just not as much, but yeah i generally find it hard to start conversations, but i also normally answer questions with one word and forget to ask them back the same thing eg. Girl: what did you do on the weekend, Me: went to a party... and thats where i forget to ask them what they did, by the way im 14 as well
Hendrix Didn't Have To Die To Go To Heaven, He Was Already To High
Okay dude, I have a great idea for you.

You say you live in Minnesota, so you must've heard of this team called the Wild. Now, you need to go and find a player on the Wild named Marian. Get him to come to school with you, while wearing his jersey, get him to give you a free signed jersey while you're at it, send that to me.

Best advice in this thread FTW.

Edit: WAIT!

This thread is MONTHS old! WHY DID YOU REVIVE IT?!

Idiot.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Last edited by Liberation at Dec 9, 2006,
Just talk to them like you'd talk to a guy. I'm a girl and I have lots of guy friends who talk to me about literally everything. Treat 'em like people, not like something you're afraid of.

I have the opposite problem. Like I said, I have tons of guy friends, but none of them want to be more than friends. I'm 17 and I've never had a boyfriend. Perhaps I'll just become a cat lady...or one of those ladies that hangs out in parks and talks to birds and trashcans.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Liberation
Okay dude, I have a great idea for you.

You say you live in Minnesota, so you must've heard of this team called the Wild. Now, you need to go and find a player on the Wild named Marian. Get him to come to school with you, while wearing his jersey, get him to give you a free signed jersey while you're at it, send that to me.

Best advice in this thread FTW.

Edit: WAIT!

This thread is MONTHS old! WHY DID YOU REVIVE IT?!

Idiot.

you'll get yours *attempts and fails insane cackle*
Hendrix Didn't Have To Die To Go To Heaven, He Was Already To High
im 14 and i had the same issue until i believe.... thursday night in fact lol.

there was this girl i had been trying to talk to for weeks. i finally worked up the nerve and called her. i got voicemail [thank god for voicemail or else i may have wussed out] and asked her to a movie.

were going to a movie tomorrow =D.

moral: just work up the nerve and talk to her. whats the worst thatll happen? you make a fool of yourself. your 14. by third period tomoro no one will remember.
Page 1 of 2