well I read that article about RSI and now Im scared becuase my fretting hand has been hurting. And I think its because my thum is too hight. Can someone show me a picture or something of the correct thumb position?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
it should be albout halfway trhough the the neck so if you so about on the third and fourth strings if they were on the other side.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
^
I do that when i bend the strings up....

And sometimes when im playing only the open chords.
Caution:
Quote by TJM2482
My thumb hangs over like John Frusciante.

mine does too but thats why im worried ill get tendonitis and not be able to play guitar and **** that would suck.

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
the thumb should be behind the neck, i guess at the center or a little above, but a lot of people also hook their thumbs over the fretboard (if that makes sense). It's usually better to have your thumb behind the neck, because you'll have more reach, because you should be able to stretch farther. This is also the way you would be taught if you took formal lessons.
My third finger hurts though, not the actual finger but the bone connected to it and its weirding me out because it feels enflamed.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
^

Wel you might be psuhing too hard....
Caution:
It's been awhile since I've been through newbie guitarist 'growing pains', but I don't remember my fingers themselves ever hurting - although my left wrist wasn't the same for a few days after I learned Iron Man's main riff (my first power chord riff, done with fingers one and three!). You might want to take a few days off from playing and read up on correct left-hand positioning.