this is the guitar that is supposed to be modeld after the joe satriani model....i actually like this one better the neck is thinner and the pickups just sound amazing....... the floyd rose bridge is incredible.....what r ur thoughts on me gettinig this guitar
my gear
Epiphone zakk Wylde
prs soapbar 2
Line 6 spider 2
Which guitar, S-470, S-520, SZ, SA?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by El Codyo
You mean the JS 100?

I think he means the S-470.

It does not have a Floyd Rose, it has a ZR trem
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I don't like the JS models, the neck is uncomfortable, and I'm not a fan of Floyds, I mean they sound fine and stay in tune, but I just don't use a tremolo enough to justify it. Plus the basswood body on the upper end JS's doesn't have the punch and tone of alder. THe fretboard that I played was hard, and wasn't fast at all, and the pickups were just ok, but not worth 1300 or whatever it costs.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

RPotts the model you might have played may have been the lower-end js-100 model, because IMO, the js series is at least decent. but whatever floats your boat.

the S series is not modelled or designed like the JS series. first of all, the body is extremely different, i find that the JS is much more comfortable (something to do with the aerodyne design). as well, the necks are really different, the S has a much flatter neck while the JS has a larger radius. i also think the JS has smaller frets. lastly, the S is made out of mahagony while the JS is made out of basswood. huge differences, they are not the same guitars by a long shot.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Quote by prsmarshallmg
this is the guitar that is supposed to be modeld after the joe satriani model....i actually like this one better the neck is thinner and the pickups just sound amazing....... the floyd rose bridge is incredible.....what r ur thoughts on me gettinig this guitar

our thoughts dont really matter, by the sounds of things you like this guitar a lot, and any s series guitar is good, sz, sa and all that are entering possible dodgy territory but you said s, and the s eries are good