G'day,
I've got an old Yamaha classical guitar and as I play mostly steel string now, the classical just sounds way to bassy on the low strings, and the high strings are barely audible.

Are there any strings out there that will give me a sound more like my steel string and sound good whilst strumming?
Cheers, Nick
Quote by muzdogg
Are there any strings out there that will give me a sound more like my steel string and sound good whilst strumming?
Cheers, Nick

yeah. Steel strings.
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Should've just got a steelstring. I want a small nylon string for parties though. (just a **** one)

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
I'll say again I have already got a good steel string but I just want to use my nylon for bashing around and am just after some strings or something that will make it sound better when playing songs I play on my steel string.

Thanks xiang that was helpful... why can't people only reply if they have something that at least may help. twat.
if you have a steel string use that, use the nylon string guitar for stuff that sounds good on a nylon string. You wont be able to make a nylon string guitar sound like a steel string and if you try to put steel strings on your nylon string guitar you are very likely to snap the bridge.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by muzdogg
why can't people only reply if they have something that at least may help. twat.

Because the only thing that can help you is a lobotomy.
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
Heed Kid-Thorazine's advice! A set of nylons pull only about have the force six steel strings do when tuned to the same pitch.
Accept that there are things you cannot do on a classical. One thing is fitting steel strings, the other thing is heavy chord banging without wanting to play flamengo.