Hey not sure if this is the right place for this but...

It seems like whenever I try and sit down and learn a solo I can't quite do it.
Sure the easier solos like The Ocean and stuff I can do but for some reason even stuff like Stairway to Heaven I seem to have difficulty with, like I can get halfway through it then I just get stuck at one part. So my question is, should I not focus on the tab so much and just try and play through the mess ups or what? Or if anyone has a good way of learning solos it'd be appreciated.

Thanks much.
It takes time to learn a difficult solo. learn a little bit at a time, until you get that part down to a T, and then move on to the next section. It's time consuming but don't give up.
You are not a slave...
solo's are a bitch to learn half the time cause of timing. learn one bar at a time is wat i say, like learn it well, than move on to the next part of the solo, so each time your mastering 1 or 2 second parts of the solo and you join it all up in the end, a lot less overwhelming and a better way to learn imo.
Thanks much everyone. I think it was because I was trying to take everything all at once so this should help! As for the name, it's the name of one of my favorite Rush songs.