Hello there, I am new to this website and forum.

I am a beginner playing the guitar and momentarly, I have a classical (borrowed from the father) and a Capo. In any case, I am doing to the best of my ability to learn how to play -Daniel Bedingfield -If You Are Not The One (acoustic) by playing arpeggio style. Although, I acknowledge I am a beginner I like challenges...

I am not certain how to play the song correctly or closely to the actual acoustic song. For the most part, I have the intro and the partly the first two lines in the first verse down. However, after those two lines --I am competely lost because I have no idea which strings to pick before the next set of strings.

Is there anyone who could help me figure out which strings to pick by listening to the acoustic verison of the song? I would really apperciate your kindness.
huh? it doesnt sound like your using tab, if your not get a program like powertab or guitar pro and ... well, use it. it's really handy.
PSN name = Barmanation
Quote by WantToLearn
huh? it doesnt sound like your using tab, if your not get a program like powertab or guitar pro and ... well, use it. it's really handy.

What does the program do? Aid wise.
Power Tab is a MIDI player and it plays the music that you put into it. If there's a file on UG for the song you want, all you have to do(after downloading Power Tab) is click "Download" and the MIDI is uploaded to Power Tab. Unfortunately I just checked and there's no PowerTab for the song you want to learn, and I'm not too familiar with it so I can't really help you much more.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
If there is no Guitar Pro or Powertab tabs, you could just use written tabs

I have been using the written tab as the one on this website however, the tabs do not show exactly which one to finger pick because the song is played in an arpeggio style. That is the reason why I was wondering if anyone could actually listen to the acoustic song and tell me.
Placed in an Arpeggio style?

What the hell is that?

Dude, use the Code tags and post which EXACT part you are having problems with playing and then we can help you out. Coz right now I don't think any of us understand entirely.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by AlleviatingSoul
I have been using the written tab as the one on this website however, the tabs do not show exactly which one to finger pick because the song is played in an arpeggio style. That is the reason why I was wondering if anyone could actually listen to the acoustic song and tell me.

I think I kind of understand... the tab shows you which chords to play and tells you to play them in an arpeggiated manner, but you don't know which notes to pick. Yeah?

Try just messing around with each chord and arpeggiate it along with the song. You should be able to hear where you're going wrong, or what note to hit next. It's really just a case of hit & miss if the arpeggios aren't actually shown.

You could just play each arpeggio ascending and then descending as kind of a default pattern - and keep in mind... you don't always have to follow the exact pattern of the song. If you think a certain note sounds better here, or this note sounds better after this one, use them.

As a plus... once you get familiar with each chord and after playing around with them for a couple of days, you'll know how each note in the arpeggio is going to relate to each other, which again is going to help you figure out the pattern in the song.