Page 1 of 3
Hey im getting a new guitar today and i want to get a BC Rich guitar with the Warlock or Beast shapes and i was wondering which one I should get and i'd like some opinions on them, my budget is around £300 - £500
The beast is the most uncomfortable guitar i have ever played. You physically cannoy play it sitting down without being painfully poked. The warlock is a a bit better. However, its up to you. There both good guitars for rocking, and the prices are good. Plus they may be uncomfortable to play sitting down, but they're not to bad while you're standing and they look mad. Although the beasts neck does lean slighty down. ....hope that was some sort of help, sorry if it wasnt
If you care about the sound of your guitar DONT buy a BC.Rich!!!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
NJ Warlock if you can put out the cash. You won't regret it.
My rig, homes:
Godin Freeway Floyd w/ Bill Lawrence XL-500 in bridge
Dunlop Wylde Wah
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Crate XT120R
SIT Strings 9-42
Dunlop Gator Grip picks 1.5mm

Want:
MIM Telecaster
Ibanez RG 1570
Crate Blue Voodoo
I love this job more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy
With 800 bucks you can buy alot of nicer things, like a Ibanez RG1570 .
Orange Enthousiast.
hell u can even buy an ltd, or a second hand gibson, or an anything really. bc rich is kind of cool until you realise that it looks retarded
..... Why do people bother recomending new guitars when he has choosen what he wants?

I mean yeah, an ibanez would be a better choice, but ****, he's already choosen for **** sake.

Threadstarter :Go towards the platinum pro/NJ series, stay away from bronze series.
Hm thanx, so is an Ibanez a better choice than a BC Rich then? I play a lot of metal so which one would be better?
Well, Obviusly bc riches look alot better. But low model bc riches sound like taking a bamboo stick to the ear.

But like i said, if you go for the NJ series (OR Plat Pro) You'll have the kickass tone and kickass looks.
Quote by spike101
So the Plat Warlock would be a good choice?

Platinum PRO. Platinum is meh.
My rig, homes:
Godin Freeway Floyd w/ Bill Lawrence XL-500 in bridge
Dunlop Wylde Wah
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Crate XT120R
SIT Strings 9-42
Dunlop Gator Grip picks 1.5mm

Want:
MIM Telecaster
Ibanez RG 1570
Crate Blue Voodoo
Hmm so it sounds like that guitar would be a better choice but i just want to be completely sure becuz its alot of money to spend
werabouts in england are u? if ure in london i'd recommend poppin down to rockers on denmark street, they got a lot of good metal guitars, like Ltd's, epi's and ibanez's.
yeh i know. but if you buy that ibanez you need to know how to change strings etc. with it or else it can be a bitch to you
Or is there any better guitars where i could get a good metal tone out of it I could probably stretch to about 600 something
600£ will get u an LTD-400 series which are really quite good.

dude check out thomann.de, they have an english website and they deliver to england for 10 quid, their prices are often 100£ cheaper than street or online prices on uk guitar shops and there are no import duties (but a £7 money transfer fee).

if uve got £600 go an LTD -400 series they're £530 on thomann and they are really something.

ibanez's at that price range i think become like the 400 series as well which are supposed to be really great.

a gibson flying V is £612 on thomann (and it's a gibson not an epi so uve got ureself a pretty nice gtar!).
Quote by spike101
Or is there any better guitars where i could get a good metal tone out of it I could probably stretch to about 600 something

get the rg1570 and with the remaining money you can buy dimarzio pickups to suit your needs
that might be a decent idea, ibanez with betta pickups. the £550 esp ltd's though are designed groudn up for metal with EMG actives.
If your going to go for a BCR then go for the virgo. But as someone else posted earlier they're uncomfy & for me the action could never be lowered enough.
Ok either a Platinum pro Warlock or an Ibenaz but the Platinum series are good right?
i think the eagle body shape is awesome. wish they wouldnt have the ****ty quilt maple top on it tho.
i found out that the warlock platinum uses an agathis body which is not what you want for metal.
Hmm no idea reli, im gonna go soon so i really need to know if i should get one or get that ibanex or something else
Need some more input, im actually going monday now so I have time to think which one to get
Quote by spike101
Need some more input, im actually going monday now so I have time to think which one to get

well you really gotta try each other out and just do random chord progressions and play around with your scales and see you your upper fret access is and how good the trem is etc.
What I dont get is all these people rushing to buy guitars they dont fully about, I waited about half a year to get my guitar after choosing, just to make sure that it is what I wanted in the long run. I am now a proud owner of a SZ320. Maybe you should consider something like that, a very versatile guitar, but you cant really do shred on it. New pickups though and it could be a metal rhythm guitarists dream.
Last edited by Bombtrack at Jul 22, 2006,
Hmm well I dont some research and the NJ series does look good but that Ibanez looks good to me aswell plus its cheaper so If that really is a better guitar I would consider getting that
The ibanez will have better fret access due to the AANJ, and a thinner neck.... Better for shredding....

Plus seeing as how most bc rich have downgraded big time and now suck since the 80s, id have to asume the quality on the ibanez would be far greater overall.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Well if its better for metal and looking like it is i dont have a problem with buying it instead of the BC Rich
^ Then go for the Ibanez. You'll be much happier with the quicker neck, and the better upper fret access.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Yeah many people say its much better for metal than the BC Rich's so yeah I think I'd go for it
god, you people are so annoying, he wants a BC rich, you're shoving ibanez nd LTD down his throaght

Get an NJ Bc rich if you want a BC, its purely up to you but i wouldnt go ANY lower than a platinum, PRO or NJ are the ones you should get
Page 1 of 3