hey guys. At the moment i have a piece o' crap ashton ga10 amplifier which sux so need a new amp. My guitar is a 2004 epiphone g-310. My style is a bit of everything but i dont play metal or any of that stuff. I really like John Frusciante's sound and i would like the amp to give me that sound. I just need it for practicing in my room at the moment but soon ill be in a band so i think ill need around 30-60 watts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
frusciante is a strat running into a clean marshall. i guess solid state 30 - 60 watts would be the roland cube 30 or possible (and probably better) a Vox Valvetronix. I'd say you'll never get exactly the same tone cause ure running an epiphone rather than a strat with single coils but i get pretty convincing chili tones through my microcube (vox ova cube for the clean tones of teh chili's though).
yeah i know i wont ever get a proper frusciante sound with an epi, but i plan to get some sort of fender in the near future so i want a good amp for when i do
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
no just not an MG, they are way overpriced what they are, your best bet is to go and try out a vox or cube somewhere and just see what you think of them, they should suit your styles well enough
Get a (used) Fender Blues Jr for the Fru clean tone, then save for a Strat, a Strat is a huge part of his sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Damn right.

Threadstarter, I've got a Blues Jr and a Strat, and I can get a pretty close Fru sound, get a Big Muff too, and you're set And the Blues Jr is a 15watt valve amp, don't let the 15watts fool you, it's damn loud, and equals to about 35/40 watts solid state.
Don't be afraid to care"

ive done some research and i think ill probably get the vox ad30vt amp. The fender blues jr was also good but a little too expensive for me atm (still in school).
thx for all your help guys!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Another vote for the blues junior here! Save up for it or look on ebay. I got mine new for 300.
Incredible little amp...
Or maybe a secondhand vintage Fender Champ
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

like i said before, i do like the fender blues jr but its just way too expensive, even on ebay. i only have $700au to spend max but i dont want to use all of it so im aiming to spend around $400. The Fender blues jr in au is around $900
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
The Vox AD30VT sounds like a good choice of amp for the tone you're after.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by breadstick
like i said before, i do like the fender blues jr but its just way too expensive, even on ebay. i only have $700au to spend max but i dont want to use all of it so im aiming to spend around $400. The Fender blues jr in au is around $900

It's that much used? Ouch! And Vox's are very nice amps.
Don't be afraid to care"

I see it like this, your going to upgrade eventually anyway, why waste any money buying stuff you dont want, but something your settling for? You wont be satisfied inthe long run.

Keep saving your money.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I saw a blues junior just go on ebay for 230 bucks...

granted that's american dollars, but the vox costs 230 bucks too...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit