Any fans of The Dandy Warhols?

I hadn't heard anything besides Bohemian Like You, so my friend lent me Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia, and I love it. Nice harmless alt rock. Favourite songs are Godless, Horse Pills and Shakin' right now. I MUST buy more stuff.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Ahhh, I havent heard the dandys in so long

they were brilliant though
Godless is fantastic, that's probably my favourite Dandies track.

Every now and then I get all misty eyed, feel the need to reminisce, and whack on "Almost Everyone Loves The Dandy Warhols".....ah, great times

^ p.s. Jon you heathen, they still are brilliant, do you not remember the timeless single "We Used To Be Friends" from 2003's "Welcome To The Monkey House"? And also their quietly-released 2005 album "Odditorium Or Warlords Of Mars"?

Thom woulda slapped you into the next forum for that sacrilege

But you know, you're still cool and stuff, cos you're half scally and say "That's boss"

edit - oh yeah, did I mention I'll be seeing these legendary superstarts perform at V? Cos oh yes I will
Last edited by tezhall at Jul 21, 2006,
Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia is a really underrated album. To me it outshines anything else they've done by miles.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I love their first two albums with "Dandys Rule,Ok?" taking the slight advantage merely because of great tracks like "TV Theme Song","Ride","...Lou Weed" and "Best Friend".

I mean,seriously,how good does it feel to bliss out in a field with "Best Friend" blasting through your headphones.
ITS A FAST-DRIVING RAVE UP WITH THE DANDY WARHOLS SIXTEEN MINUTES

*cough*

yea, i like the dandys

buy 'Come Down' next...

then depending on your taste of music either get

'welcome to the monkey house' if you like synths and electronic influences in your music... or 'dandys rule OK' if you are a strictly guitar man...

but as a rule of thumb, Dandys records always have a similar vibe going on... Its hard to dislike any record of theirs if you are a fan
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
Quote by j0nmcc
Ahhh, I havent heard the dandys in so long

they were brilliant though

Me neither, man I really want to listen to them now...

"A long time ago we used to be friends, but I haven't thought of you lately at all"

I love that song, the synth is pure awesome on toast
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I wouldn't call myself a real fan, but I know a chunk of their songs. On album they are pretty good, but when I saw them live they were quite bad. Now it may have just been that it was a free concert so they didn't really care about the sound, but every other band I saw that day sounded ok to me.
Haha I like them especially You Were the Last High, although I have no idea why I can listen that song for hours on end. You were the laaa-aaast, high, hiii iii iiiighhh...
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
has anyone heard the dandy warhols vs beastie boys - we used to be friends vs intergalatic mashup?

its well good.
Nope, but I'm going to find that on Bearshare: it sounds banging
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Joh, you're a genius! I loved it

The intro is amazing

jon edit: it's JON!

Will edit: My bad
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jul 24, 2006,
can you put it up so we can download it?
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
i only heard one single from them a long time ago called "Heroin is so Passe' " i believe was the name of it. i was obssessed with the song. i think it was them who sang it.
^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure the songs called "not if you were the last junkie on earth" or summin like that. But it is them, and it's bloody lovely.