http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-M-1000-With-CASE-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ320008261474QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting, looks like a good legit guitar, only concern is that the bridge is an OFR which if it is the M-1000 it should be, does this guitar look good? I'm looking for one with an OFR and was planning on putting EMG's in but this one already has them installed. Of course the price will go up since there's still a few days left but it certainly will be a lot less expensive then buying it new. What do you think of it?
buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it. i think you should buy it, its pretty legit. though the guys feedback isnt that great
Wow, if I wasn't waiting on my CA sig to come in, I'd bid on that, or buy the mint Mark IV head on there.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
Wow, if I wasn't waiting on my CA sig to come in, I'd bid on that, or buy the mint Mark IV head on there.

so you decided to get the sig model. how long until you get it? and emgs and alder are an alright combination not a bad one as well
Three days still, it might sell close to MSRP for all you know. But looks good! The model year isn't given though...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pierce34celtic
Would it be just as good to get a used Ibanez S470 and upgrade the pups to EMG's since the body is mahogany?

well which trem do you want? what music will you be playing?
I already have a very good Schecter however it doesn't have trem so I've been searching ebay for a guitar with either the ZR trem (the S470) or an OFR, however I only have around 300-350 to spend on it. It'll be used for thrash and metal stuff while I'll use the Schecter for more classic rock, hard rock stuff, I was thinking of buying an S470 and installing EMG's in it, but I came across the M-1000 but I'm not sure about the alder body.
well its more of a maple body then alder since its got a maple neck. but really go for the s470 since the m-1000 wont stay at that price for the next 3 days. you could wait and then bid at the last minute but by then it probably would of been out of your budget
Ok, thanks. I figured, judging by the price of it new, the M-1000 will probably end up going for aroudn 5-600 and I think I'll be able to get an S470 for around the 3-325 range. Do you know if the ZR trem is pretty good compared to an OFR? And would the EMG's sound better in it then a guitar with a maple/alder body? Thanks.
The ESP will sell for well over your price range, probably around 1000 bucks. Just save up for a new S470 or check ebay for some good used ones.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
ZR and OFR are quite different. Both hold their tuning, but ZR is stiffer and has a more uniform action. With a well-set OFR, you can tap the body of your guitar and the bridge will flutter and give you tremolo effect. ZR won't do that, it'll stay in place. Otherwise, ZR has good pull-up and dive range, easy to tune and intonate, and is generally a low maintenance double-locker. Just keep the ball bearings oiled.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pierce34celtic
Ok, thanks. I figured, judging by the price of it new, the M-1000 will probably end up going for aroudn 5-600 and I think I'll be able to get an S470 for around the 3-325 range. Do you know if the ZR trem is pretty good compared to an OFR? And would the EMG's sound better in it then a guitar with a maple/alder body? Thanks.

the ofr will have a larger range than the zr but wont be as smooth. now emgs in mahogany will be good for rythm type people and in maple/alder will be for the lead type but still you could hit leads with the mahogany body
Quote by pierce34celtic
Would the ZR be good for doing Slayer type trem work or is it too stiff to do that?

well considering that slayer now use kahlers i think the zr would be more suited and you got it the wrong way around the zr is smoother than the floyd rose
Quote by pierce34celtic
Would the ZR be good for doing Slayer type trem work or is it too stiff to do that?

It would do you good to try it and see for yourself, really. I can pull harmonic squeals out of mine with no effort, but I prefer to use my S540 with Edge (closest to OFR as far as feel goes) for tremolo work, because I mostly just use my pinky to arm it.

You may love or hate the feel of ZR: it doesn't feel impaired, compared to the OFR, but it's noticeably different.
For your situation, I would Buy this Immediately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-M-255-M255-Electric-guitar_W0QQitemZ290008994598QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LTD-by-ESP-H-201-Trans-Green-Near-Mint-Gig-Bag_W0QQitemZ170010375773QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These are from the older 200 series so they were made when they still used mahogany, which suits EMGs the best. Just install some EMGs and you have a sweet metal axe. And the stock pups are pretty nice, you might decide to keep them. Also, the liscenced trem is actually quite good. I have the same model on my MH-400, and it stays in tune perfectly.
Last edited by hessian101 at Jul 21, 2006,
^the m-255 has an LFR, which won't be as good as an OFR and a ZR, personally, I would never buy a used LFR equipped guitar, because it might be worn out already, which seems to be the problem with them.

to pifty: how abouts do you oil the ball bearings, and how many times a year or whatever should you do it?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Is there a reason that people never just polish the knife edges when they get dull? I mean, you could just get a dremel, put on a polishing wheel with some polishing compound, and make them sharp again.

You could just buy an OFR later, its not like you wouldnt have had to do that with the other guitar.
Last edited by hessian101 at Jul 21, 2006,
Quote by hessian101
Is there a reason that people never just polish the knife edges when they get dull? I mean, you could just get a dremel, put on a polishing wheel with some polishing compound, and make it sharp again.

You could just buy an OFR later, its not like you wouldnt have had to do that with the other guitar.

you could sharpen them but then they could crap out. and without the exact stud size of that lfr an ofr may not be a direct fit in.
Quote by bean-o
to pifty: how abouts do you oil the ball bearings, and how many times a year or whatever should you do it?

I do it monthly. It's pretty humid here, so I figured it might be a good idea to do it often. I just take the machine oil dropper, dab some oil on the joints and move the trem around to have the lube spread inside the bearing. You probably don't have to do it, but common sense says it'll keep the mechanism in better shape.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
so you decided to get the sig model. how long until you get it? and emgs and alder are an alright combination not a bad one as well

well I have paid the last half of it a couple day ago, so all I need to do now is wait for it to get to the store and pick it up. Pic will happen on UG and BMusic, can't let dellinger have the only CA on there now can I?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
well I have paid the last half of it a couple day ago, so all I need to do now is wait for it to get to the store and pick it up. Pic will happen on UG and BMusic, can't let dellinger have the only CA on there now can I?

ah yeh nice. pete/ihave27frets recently got one of his customs finish and is awaiting on the other one to be done and it will be delivered in a few days. hopefully i will be getting a dellinger in twilight blue or transparent dark rose by the end of year