tell me your suggestions for who everyone will be talking about this time next year in indie music...this time last year most people said the klaxons, film school, boy kill boy etc. whadda you think
SonicYouth1
MSTRKRFT will be big in a few weeks just because of the whole DFA connection so he's already got everyone talking about him.

Letting Up Despite Great Faults will get their break through at some point.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Tapes N' Tapes
Be Your Own Pet
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Quote by andrewbiles
MSTRKRFT will be big in a few weeks just because of the whole DFA connection so he's already got everyone talking about him.

Actually here in Southern California, MSTRKRFT already has made a big impact the same way DFA did.

I honestly have no idea right now who will get a breakthrough since I've been listening too much to Electro music lately...
April Frost... as in taukets band...

I assume you're also in it?

(And Andrew, mstrkrft put on the best live shows ever. The best I've ever experienced... and I've seen some good shows.)
Quote by The Mofaster

I honestly have no idea right now who will get a breakthrough since I've been listening too much to Electro music lately...

what kind of electro do you dig? no1 ever talks about real electro here, the closest they come is the Faint. I lovin me some Booka Shade rigt now.

Anywho, Im bettin on the Black Dice. DFA is really gunning the reigns of that scene right now
The Follow

There from australia so they have to be great. At times they border on the lines of being emo but i have never heard an emo band that sounds like these guy's.
What the hell is the internet?
Quote by scoob666
I'm looking forward to the Young Knives' album.

Really?
Ever since I heard Hot Club de Paris I've been slightly put off by the style (especially of the vocals).

Oh, and the next big thing will be Monkey Swallows the Universe.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by scoob666
I'm looking forward to the Young Knives' album.
....hmm the young knives?..eh?....im a big fan of theirs...even though their style isnt really for every one i think they're good....apparently at SXSW they were quite impressive
SonicYouth1
saw the young knives at scala a month back. although i own alot of the tunes they played alot of new ones... or jst ones id never heard. they were all great!! definately one of those bands you either love or hate, great style. i fell on the stage and accidently pulled the bassists mic over
Quote by scoob666
^ I can't say I've heard that one, but I liked the EPs, and The Decision and She's Attracted To are cracking songs.

Sorry, I meant the band Hot Club de Paris. The vocals are so similar and I really think they sound quite close in style as well.

RateYourMusic
Aka55 and Pooch, Chris is my older brother. But i don't just like them because my brother is in it, i really like the music and lyrics.
Quote by Big4
saw the young knives at scala a month back. although i own alot of the tunes they played alot of new ones... or jst ones id never heard. they were all great!! definately one of those bands you either love or hate, great style. i fell on the stage and accidently pulled the bassists mic over

hhhahhaahahahah.....nice one big4
SonicYouth1
Quote by andrewbiles
Sorry, I meant the band Hot Club de Paris. The vocals are so similar and I really think they sound quite close in style as well.

Funnily enough, I was driving yesterday after work, hence after you posted this, and I heard a very Young Knivesy tune on XFM, and I thought to myself, I wonder if this is that Hot Club de Paris lot, and it was!

Then, about five seconds later, my tyre exploded!

I wonder if the two things are connected?
That's slightly unfortunate!
It just exploded?

RateYourMusic
Well, not exploded, I believe the term is delaminated (thanks dad), where the main tread came off of the main rubber bit around the metal of the wheel. It was making a tremendous noise.

EDIT: Like this:
Last edited by scoob666 at Jul 26, 2006,
the slip are poised to break out, they've been namechecked by local hero jim james of MMJ over and over.

myspace.com/theslip

also maybe your black star. cause they rock.

myspace.com/yourblackstar
Quote by scoob666
Well, not exploded, I believe the term is delaminated (thanks dad), where the main tread came off of the main rubber bit around the metal of the wheel. It was making a tremendous noise.

EDIT: Like this:

Ah ****, that's not good. The heat's probably not helping the wearing of the tyres. Make sure you check over the other ones and see if the tread on them looks alright.

Back to music...

RateYourMusic
The Pigeon Detectives
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Not perciifly Now but in the near future i RECON NEWSUM TURN WILL BE QUITE BIG

*sorry about the caps lock*

www.newsumturn.com

www.myspace.com/newsumturn

electricshark wrote:

id rather just get wasted and run around naked with my guitar prenteding im a rock star.

beer $12
guitar $700
video game $50
gettin drunk and pretending youre a rock god priceless
yeh pigeon detectives are pretty quality..

Good shoes should be massive this year..

The View...
Elle milano...

and my personal favourite...the maccabees.

All gonna be massive in 2006/7
Whoa! Letters like 'u' and 'r' can mean words like 'you' and 'are'!
I'm really pushing for Be Your Own PET
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by Big4
The View...
Elle milano...

I was pushing for Elle Milano at the end of last year, but I've heard absolutely nothing from them since anywhere, which is a right shame.
Heard the new View single on the way home today, sounded alright but not really fussed about them.

RateYourMusic
i think 'weekends and bleak days' could of been a really good song. the chorus is really catchy but the rest of the song doesn't live up to the chorus.

the longcut, polytechnic, bauer and the loungs are brilliant. the first two have been on the radio quite a bit in the last few months and bauer will be releasing stuff in late sept.

sadly i think the fratellies are going to be massive....
Ok, a couple more. Last night I was flicking onto 120 Minutes during advert breaks and came across Jody Wildgoose's video for 'Punk rock'. Excellent track.

Secondly, I'm going to chuck Sunny Day Sets Fire in this year's list for next year as well. Caught onto them at the end of last year but only recently have they released their debut single and started getting proper attention.

Third is a favourite of mine at the minute, Voice of the Seven Woods. Acoustic folk music in the same kind of innovative style that Bert Jansch, John Renbourn and Davy Graham were making back in their early days.

Also really looking forward to hearing the How to Cure Dyslexia 7" when that comes through the post.

RateYourMusic
Boat
The best song will never get sung
The best life never leaves your lungs
So good, you won't ever know
I never hear it on the radio
Can't hear it on the radio