Any tips on playing thrash/black style guitar parts?
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
umm the same way u play anything else??
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you will get a WAY better answer in this forum

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

And you might want to go to "edit" and delete this thread, I would if I were you.

edit : fellow below me : I was going to link him to the metal forum, but firstly i never go there or the 80's either, so I'm not too sure what they like/dislike there. Then I saw shred in the 80's description, checked the other threads in there and it seemed like he wouldn't get destroyed if he posted his question there. Also, I didn't want to tell someone to post something in the metal forum that wasn't supposed to be there - they would track me down and hurt me.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Jul 21, 2006,
why link him there?....if you are gonna link to another forum at least link him to the metal forum...

fast downpicking is common in thrash, along with using minor and diminished modes...(phrigian, aeolian, locrian etc)

if you go to the metal recomendations thread in the metal subforum, and look under thrash and black metal, look at some of the bands and listen to their music and learn to play them will help ou understand them more
Yeah, I listen to all that... I'm gonna learn some Immortal and Graveworm, and then Exodus and probly Kreator if I can find any power tabs...

But I need more thrash and definitely more black, I havent found that much black though....
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"