I am still relatively a beginner. Can somebody tell me how many times you play a particular chord when it is listed only one time. For example, if there was an Em7 and an A chord listed right above a single line of a verse. My guess would be it depends on the tempo of the song as to how many times you strum them. Or maybe your strumming either each chord 4 times or a quicker 8 times. Thanks.
it's the notes above it if your reading it from a tab book or some times it may just be lines
If all your given are chord names, you're gonna have to listen to the song to figure out where to play them, what rhythm, etc...

In fact, that's a rule for anything other than classically notated music. Listen to it to learn how it's played. Treat tabs and chord charts as hints.
Quote by Duststone
My guess would be it depends on the tempo of the song as to how many times you strum them. Or maybe your strumming either each chord 4 times or a quicker 8 times. Thanks.

Pretty much. What kind of strumming pattern you use depends on the song, and of course in between beats and the next chord. It's easier to do with fast songs then with slow songs for some reason, but you'll get the hang of it.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!