People,what do you think about this guitar?Is there maybe a better guitar without a trem in the same price range?
Jackson DK 27 baritone With Emg 81/60
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss MT-2

If something simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
what do you play?(metal im guessing), whats the pricerange?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Nu metal-soad,staind and similar stuff...let's say 1000 us dollars
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss MT-2

This jackson is a bad guitar.... I wouldnt recommend getting it even though i dunno what kind of music you play. In the price range i'd reccomend any schecter you like (and pop active EMGs into it). Other than that, there are some really nice Ibanez guitars, but you have to look hard bc most of them suck. The ibanez S520EX is a very good guitar, the best ibanez in the price range i have ever played. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
why do you think that slsmg sucks?
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss MT-2

I had the old SLSMG's with passive emgs, the new ones come stock with active emgs..
Yeh, seems like a good buy.

Mahogony/neckthru with emg actives. Go for it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by d_byrne23
I had the old SLSMG's with passive emgs, the new ones come stock with active emgs..

Yeah, Jackson really stepped up on their guitars this year, everything that had hzs now have active EMGs, and everything that had duncan designed pups have real duncans. Some have a supposedly better trem but not an OFR.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
i dunno. the jackson is good. and with active emg's you'll get a really nice crunchy distorted sound. i liked it. the shecter c-1 hellraiser FR is also really good, and about 200 dollars cheaper i beleive, its about 600 while the jackson is 800. shecters are really nice too, my friend has one and it has a really nice crunch also. i believe the shecter has emg 81/85s in it and the jackson also has 81/85s i believe. it says that on the website atleast. so yah, i guess its just up to you, have you played any before? it all comes down to that really, you should play some before you decide
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by SRVShakeForMe
Get a Fender.

not for metal my friend, theres a very select number of fenders in my opinion that are fully loaded for metal, maybe one of the flatheads with emg's...jackson has much more variety
i have the old slsmg w/ EMG HZ. The neck is pretty thin, not as thin as ibanez though, and it has great upper fret access, which imo nearly all neck-thrus do. The one bad thing about it is the sound, but the new ones come with Active Emgs so it should be good. I also have a cheap amp which also adds to the bad tone.

IMO it is pricey at ~$1000. I got mine for $500 new but otherwise you can get other similar guitars for cheaper like the schecter Hellraiser which is pretty similar. Mahogony w/ string-thru and Emgs. The only difference is a thicker set-neck.

Also, there is Ibanez SZ series. You could get one and swap out pu for EMGs.
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 22, 2006,