Page 1 of 2
Alright. I got the ok by Andrew and Resi to go ahead and do this, so here we go. This will be just like the UG Awards, but just appliying to this forum. Some of you from the CR forum remember doing this a little while back.

Beckerism brought up the idea of doing this and has asked me to come up with a list of awards, so here is what I have so far. Feel free to make comments on any you have questions on, or if you think you have an idea you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is NOT the voting thread. I will make another thread for that when we have all the ideas all squared up and are ready to start the voting. For now, just make any comments or suggestions.

Ok, here is what we have so far:

On the left we have the catagories, on the right is a brief description of each

Most Helpful User - Who helps out the most, whether it be playing tips or general knowledge to aid fellow users

Least Helpful User - Who contributes the least around here and is more like a bad case of herpes than anything else

Most Annoying User - Simple: Who pisses you off the most?

Most likely user to be banned by Resi - Self Explanitory

Favorite User - Who do you love?(in a strictly heterosexual way..................or maybe not?)

Least Favorite User - Who would you rather see e-raped by the Metal forum regs?(mind the difference from "most annoying user")

Biggest a-hole - Self explanitory.

Forum Nazi - Who acts like this place is their own personal bitch-camp?

Forum Hippy - Where da Peace at?

Biggest N00b-pwner - again, self explanitory

Best N00b - The best new user who is showing for a promising future around here

Funniest User - Who distributes the comic relief around this forum?

Forum Elitist - Who thinks they are better than everyone else?

Most Intelligent - Who seems the know-all to end-all for info around here?

Least Intelligent - Exact opposite of above

Band Nazi - Who is obsessed the most with one particular musician or band?

Most Popular/best Professional Shredder - As far as the pros go(Becker, Friedman, Govan, Lane, ect..)

Most Popular/best User Shredder - Who's got game around here?

Favorite Shred Forum Mod - And yes, past mods that have since left DO count ( I know what everyone is thinking, too)

All-Time Favorite Mod - This is open for any of our wonderful Moderating team

All-Time Least Favorite Mod - This is open for any of our wonderful Moderating team

Greatest Shred Forum Moment - Yes, this had to be done. I know what everyone is thinking, might as well make if official

Biggest N00b - Simple. Who is the biggest n00b. Not necessarily "new" around here, but is still a n00b

Needs Improvement - Opposite of the Popular/Best user shredder. Who really needs to practice more before turning their amp above 3.

Most Musically Tolerant - Who doesn't snap at people for not liking *insert genre here*

Most Popular/Best 80's band - Simple. Who ruled the age of hair metal and power ballads?

Shred Forum Spam Whore - Who spams the most. Simple

Most Overlooked User - Who is left with their ass hanging in the wind? Feel the breeze?

Most Overrated User - Who gets all kinds of hype that they shouldn't be getting.

Best Sig - Self Explanitory

Best Avatar - Self Explanitory

Best User - Who is the all-around best user we have

Veteran User - Face it, one of us has to be the one with no life and spends most, if not all of their time here. In otherwords, who spends the most time hanging around here.

Biggest Smartass - Who says something and immediatly sets off every sarcasm detector in a 10-mile radius?

Biggest Mod Ass-Kisser - Self Explanitory

Favorite Banned User - Show some love for your banned buddies.

Best SF Thread - self explanitory

Worst SF Thread - self explanitory

Zombie Thread - The thread most resembling a bad case of herpes(i.e., it won't go away )

Funniest Thread - What thread gives you the most laughs?

Most Useful Thread - What thread do you find helps you the most?
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at Jul 21, 2006,
Oh boy...
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by SilentDeftone
Most popular/best shredder
-SD

By that, do you mean user-wise or do you mean like "Jason Becker" or "Shawn Lane"?
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Considering the line below it says "best 80's band", I would assume he means a famous shredder.
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I just want to be sure I understand what he means. Of course, we could always have one for both user and professional.....
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
best shred forum buds maybe?
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Quote by NevermorePsalm
best shred forum buds maybe?

Brothers to the end Foo!
(or me and my banned bro PooKoo)

I nominate myself for "Band Nazi - Who is obsessed the most with one particular musician or band?" on behalf of my total obsession over Nile and Marty. (You guys really don't know just how truly obsessed I am with Nile. You need to see me on other forums or AIM)
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Last edited by apocalypse13 at Jul 21, 2006,
lol, maybe we post a few of our aim convos here from SU? thatd be sure torture, but....
(btw, pure narcotic by PT = sex, as with all other PT songs that are all clean)
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

wait...pook is still banned?
Quote by Yespleasevicar

^And him for Porcupine Tree and Opeth

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Stop spamming ****s, keep ontopic.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
well, the first wasn't spam for me. I just had to ask a question...don't wip me.....(btw, you def aren't getting my vote for favorite user )
wait, that was spam. to stay on topic, what do you mean by best pro shredder?
Quote by Yespleasevicar

Forum Non elitist - who has the widest music taste?
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by NevermorePsalm
to stay on topic, what do you mean by best pro shredder?

I wasn't to clear on that either. I'll remove it for now though and wait to see if SD checks back in and clears that up a little
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
What does elitism have to do with how wide someone's music taste is?

And what's so unclear about best pro shredder? What shredder you like best, duh.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Well, I always figured if someone was close minded, they wouldn't have as wide a musical taste.

You can change it if you want to have correct vocabulary, maybe "Widest Music Taste?"
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Yah.

(but elitism is nothing to do with closemindedness )

Click.
Like, least elite in musical tastes, like how some people are infatuated with one genre and hates everything else, well just the exact opposite, who likes the most genres?

Edit:Beat to it again
Quote by Yespleasevicar

I meant professional shredder, in the same vein as the 80s band category. i.e. Satch or Lane or Becker or etc.

I almost put it as user-wise, but then realized that's what UG Top Dog is for in the R&R Forums

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
I meant professional shredder, in the same vein as the 80s band category.

I almost put it as user-wise, but then realized that's what UG Top Dog is for in the R&R Forums

-SD

And how effective it is.

Click.
Quote by apocalypse13
You can change it if you want to have correct vocabulary, maybe "Widest Music Taste?"

I was considering it. The only thing that concerns me is how do we identify it? It's easy to find an obsessive - Who are they talking about all the time nonestop. Unless you mean like being the most tolerant of other musical selections. But again, how can we measure that?

That's all the worries me a little about that one
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Well it's a voting, it's not like it's a scientifical observation.

Click.
I dono, present a list of bands we like? I don't think I could win, but I do believe Necrophagist and Big N Rich on the same playlist gives me something.
Quote by Yespleasevicar

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Click.
I know. I have a friend who got me into a heavy amount of pop country and old western...I can't help it. That one song is just so...catchy "Make alot of noise, cause the girls they are so pretty"
Quote by Yespleasevicar

>_< Stop Spamminating meh thread fools!

Golly-gee willikers! That gave me an idea! Come, Robin. To the Batcave!
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I am good like that. Maybe most knowledgable of shredder too, not just shred in general, but shredders. I think we all know who would win that....but it would be interesting.
Quote by Yespleasevicar

Quote by Resiliance
Yah.

(but elitism is nothing to do with closemindedness )

Oh well
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by Prophet of Page
Most overlooked member.

Click.
Quote by Mascot
Well, jeez, if you would get an avatar so we could recognize you.

**** no. You should recognize me by my utterly unique and very Irish posting style.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
^Oh come on. Everybody's doing it, you know you want to

Anyway, any other suggestions for catagories? Or are we all set..
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by TheUltimateSin
^Oh come on. Everybody's doing it, you know you want to

Anyway, any other suggestions for catagories? Or are we all set..

Its absolutely ****ing impossible for me to even contemplate the idea of changing so that people who know of me on here will know me as "the guy with that avatar" rather than for what I am.
And it's categories!

I'd keep this open for a bit longer, I don't think many of the american blokes have seen it yet.

Maybe you can get some inspiration from the other awards in other forums.

Click.
^ Thats where I got most of the ones I listed from

And relax, Tom. I was merely joking. I could care less if you had an avatar, and I'm sure you do to

Peace? ()
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
How did you get a tone of anger from that? read it in a lazy, lethargic Irish accent.

That's how it should sound.
Page 1 of 2