Well my current gear is a roland cube 60, a strat copy and a danelectro fab overdrive (dont flame it, i like it )and I also have a weeping demon which is coming in a few days time. Im also getting an ibanez rg321mh which I'll be getting in the next month. Im looking to upgrade this rig with some pedals or whatever. I'll be getting some new stuff for christmas and I think I'll get a digitech whammy (im in to all that crazy sounds **** :p) and a few other pedals. So Im thinking of building a pedalboard. Im a complete noob to this so Im not 100% sure how to go about it. Whats the best way to have the actual board? Is it best when its slanted or with a higher tierior (i cant spell) at the back or just plain flat or whatever the hell? Also can somebody explain the concept of "daisy chaining" a power adapter because im not gonna be buying a million frickin batterys every week. Im thinking about drilling holes in the board for the leads and that to go down in under. Also, is velcro the best way to stick the pedals down? Would simple duck tape work?

One last question lol, can i get a noise reduction pedal for under £30?

I hope that didnt bore the **** out of ya.
Well, you can make a pedalboard however you want, check my sig for my pedalboard build-type-thing.

Daisy chaining is splitting power from an adaptor to power more than one pedal.

And basic things about building a pedalboard:

Get some wood and paint it if you want, then varnish if you want, get some velcro so the pedals can stick on, and put it on the board and so on, and have a higher tier if you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd say do it the right way first. First of all, don't paint it. Get some speaker cabinet carpet off of ebay (it's cheap). Get your piece of ply. Coat the top of the board with some decent 3M spray adhesive and glue the carpet down. On my board, I went with 3/4" ply and black carpet. To take some weight off the board, route out channels in the back...they can double as channels for wiring beneath the board if you want. If you put wiring in the back, get a piece of thin plexi of plastic to make a backplate out of. If you want it to be a little higher quality, get some aluminum u-channel from the hardware store to wrap the edges of the board. And there you have it. The only reason to make a second tier along the back of the board is if you have enough effects to put back there. If you don't have many, just put them along the front of the board.

To secure the pedals to the board, get some heavy-duty loop tape (the prickly side of velcro, only better) and stick it on the bottom of your pedals. You will have to remove the rubber pads from the bottom of the pedals to make it work, or else the adhesive on the velcro won't hold the pedals. When the velcro is on, just put it on the board, wiggle it a little bit so the teeth can dig into the carpet, and you should be done.

For power, I can't speak well enough for the VooDoo labs unit. It's heavy duty. I've had mine for nearly 6 years at this point, and it's fallen down stairs (make sure the velcro is really attached ) been stomped on and gotten soaked by careless beer drinking listeners and it hasn't given me a single problem. The VooDoo Labs Pedal Power II should be better for you since you want to get a Whammy pedal.

Hopefully that helps out bro...Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to do it right...you'll thank yourself later.

Here's some other links that might help.

http://www.playlikeapro.com/pedalboards.htm
http://www.petecornish.co.uk
http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/NewPedalBoard.htm
I forgot about this: My amp (cube 60) doesnt have an effects loop (i think lol). So would i make it like this:

GUITAR>PEDALBOARD>AMP ?

EDIT:How would i go about powering the pedals? So do i buy a power adapter then hook a daisy chain up to it or how does it work? BTW does anyone know where i could find a daisy chain or power supply on a UK website? I cant seem to find any, tried foogle and all lol.

EDIT:Oh yeah forgot to mention, that voodoo lab thing is waaaayyyy out of my budget. I need something very cheap.
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jul 21, 2006,
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jul 21, 2006,
^Both of them will work fine.
Don't be afraid to care"

Philter's homemeade pedalboard:

Urban Camo FTW!
Dual Rec
Dual Rec Tremoverb
F-50 1x12
Nomad 55 1x12
Mesa 4x12 Slant w/ Black shadows

Gibson LP Special
Gibson LP Custom
Washburn EA14MR
Yeah so i think im gonna go with the 9v DC adapter and the daisy chain, as it costs less than that power bank thing, and its cheaper . So do you think i should go with a flat design as i only have 2 pedals at the minute? (i will be geting more)
If you plan on getting alot of pedals make sure your adapter has a high enough rating to power them all (for example that cheap one on ebay is only 200ma, which may not be enough)
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by Phreaky
If you plan on getting alot of pedals make sure your adapter has a high enough rating to power them all (for example that cheap one on ebay is only 200ma, which may not be enough)

So what is a suitable rating? 350? 800? 1000? More?

Edit: would this do the trick? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Switch-Mode-DC-mains-power-supply-9V-1000mA-max_W0QQitemZ260011746676QQihZ016QQcategoryZ96942QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jul 22, 2006,
Hey i just thought of this, do i need different adapters for different pedals? In other words will a 9v dc adapter like the one above with a daisy chain power all types of pedals? Will it power a weeping demon wah? I heard you need a different adapter for ehx pedals and Im going to get a metal muff. Is this true? Thanks
^Yea you need different adaptor ends for different pedals, but you can get adaptors that'll fit the end of the other adaptor and fit into the pedals.
Don't be afraid to care"