http://jjk11.dmusic.com

It's pretty much all improv. I've posted this before but I felt like re-recording it. Also listen to AlpineHigh's version, which is amazing!

http://alpinehigh.dmusic.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
You are better and better man.

I can hear the difference between your later recordings and your earlier ones.

I really like this one. The tone is awesome. You had some nice licks in there and I didn't hear any mistakes and if there were any they were all minor mistakes. It all sounded pretty clean.

Keep it up

EDIT: Could I get that backing track from you? I'd like to try a version of Lenny as well.

Last edited by Alex S. at Jul 21, 2006,
Thanks. I really feel like I'm improving as a player listening to SRV. He's just so influential.

I got the backing from www.guitarbt.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Thanks for the backing track site. Never heard of that site.

And yes I agree. When you started with Stevie you kept getting better and better. I can't wait to hear more from you
It's a fantastic site. Has a ton of BT's for almost every band/artist you can think of.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Alright well i usually bash on the sound that i hear when i listen to your tunes. but your getting the hang of the SRV feel. You can't pick a SRV tune and learn it note for note and still be good at the song. SRV plays with more feeling then most people ever and without that feeling, all the right notes just dont sound the same. Your getting more feeling in your playing now so ill give you credit.

Also a quick question, I play peavey tube amp with a ts808 tubescreamer. and ive been messing with EQ settings a bit to find that SRV sound since i havent had the amp very long. What you running, i find that the tube screamer and the amp give off a lootttt of unwanted high end sound and i want to fatten it up a bit, with out having to detune like SRV of course. but maybe detuning will solve the problem.
Sounded good, I really liked your tone. Could you tell me what key your playing in? cause I've been improvising through this song as well, but I think I'm in the wrong key.
Quote by mpt37
Sounded good, I really liked your tone. Could you tell me what key your playing in? cause I've been improvising through this song as well, but I think I'm in the wrong key.

E and Em blues pentatonics.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
hey man, lol thanks for putting my link in here!

i swear, every time i listen to your stuff i can hear improvements. you have a great sense of spacing, which is crucial especially in slower songs like this one.. you let the music breathe and that enhances the quality of the song alot. i bet if you learned the actual version piece by piece you could nail it in no time (even if exact covers aren't your thing its very helpful when developing a style).. great job man looking forward to more!

if you don't mind can you check this out? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398334