okay rite now I'm not the fastest player....but i like to play Iron maiden.....so wat are sum scales and arpreggios that build up speed??
3-note-per-string scales and 6 string sweep arpeggios are what I use. Also try chromatics.
The speed building scale usually works.

Listen... there's no magic scale that automatically gives your fingers 250bhp and gives you a machine gun for a wrist. It doesn't work like that.

If you practice anything, absolutely anything the right way speed just comes with the territory.

Take any scale you like... and play it with a metronome set at a speed where you can hit every single note accurately and with articulation while maintaining awareness of what you're doing, concentration of what you're doing and with a completely relaxed mind and body and the speed will come to you.
Just play chromatics, start slow and gradually build up speed slowly.
Get a metronome also as this will help a bunch!!!
3 Octave Scales, that's what's used for shred i think...google it you can find them online i did
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by eviledge87
3 Octave Scales, that's what's used for shred i think...google it you can find them online i did

What?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
it's not what you play, it's how you play it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.