hey i was wondering what bass i should get i have a price range up to $1000 give or take thanks for the suggestions
ermm

musical styles? with $1000 you could everything but a brand new Stingray, a rickenbacker 4003 and boutique basses.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
he could get a warwick, music man SUB, alot of Ibanez, very nice fenders, like a geddy lee sig. or a MIA, but the music style is important to choose.
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jul 21, 2006,
i would go with a 400$ ish (US i guess if thats your currency) bass.

that way you have 600 to spend on an amp which is much more important to your sound than a bass.
^ Good call.

You could buy a great bass for $400...or even split it up even, $500 for a bass and $500 for an amp.

That's what I would do...if I needed/wanted a new amp.

Again, good call Mangablade.

For example...

Fender Standard P-Bass -$400
Ashdown Mag 300 Head- $300
Ashdown Mag 4x10 "Deep" Cab.- $300

Hartke makes a 4x10 and a 1x15 that cost $300 and I think the HA2500 is $300, and it has a tube emulator.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Jul 22, 2006,
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 in black cherry. And if anyone here thought I'd say differently, you obviously need to read more threads with the word "Schecter" in the title.

But seriously, That is one hell of a bass. If you decide you'd rather split the money between a bass and an amp, you can either get the Elite for $600+tax, and get a small/crappy amp, or you could get Deluxe ($350+tax) or Custom ($550+tax) and a better amp.

As far as specifics, the Elite and Custom are essentially the same, the only major difference being a bolt-on neck versus a neck-through design and color differences. The Deluxe, however, has lower quality pickups (no EMGs like the others have) and doesn't have the S-Tek bridge (god I love that thing. so much sustain) but is still well worth the money.

Personally I'd try for the Elite, if you can still manage to get a decent enough amp for the remainder, but any of them are a good buy. Schecters have great quality, great sound, and great price. Even the bottom of the Stiletto line sounds great, and the Elite is my favorite. I wouldn't replace it with any other bass, Nothing else I've managed to lay my hands on can compare to it.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by hatebreed219

For example...

Fender Standard P-Bass -$400
Ashdown Mag 300 Head- $300
Ashdown Mag 4x10 "Deep" Cab.- $300

Hartke makes a 4x10 and a 1x15 that cost $300 and I think the HA2500 is $300, and it has a tube emulator.

Yes, thts what i would buy if i had $1000.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
However if you have a good amp or aren't that worried about getting an amp yet, then you have many choices for basses.

-Fender MIA Jazz or P Bass
-Used Stingray
-Fender Power Jazz Bass
-Fender Big Block P-Bass
-Fender Highway 1 Precision or Jazz Bass
-Ibanez SR900
-Ibanbez SR700
-Yamaha TRB 1005 or 1006
-Used Warwick
-Spector Legend Classic 5
-Schecter Stilleto Custom 4 or 5

...just to name a few.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10