Hey everyone

I have myself an S520EX Ibanez and i am tyotal sick of the ****ty ibanez pick ups which come as stock....

Which pick ups does everyone recomend for metal/screemo/hardcore???

and also would it be possible to buy an ibanez edge pro and fit it to my ibanez???

thank alot
xchrisx
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
ummm you gotta good amp. so whats your budget. and i dont know if its possible to fit the edge pro into the zr trem slot
I dont really much of a budget
£150 ish

that second point about the bridge was just a kinda spur of the moment thing i had when on work experience today.. oh well
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
But why? The ZR is an excellent trem....

For your genres, any highoutput pickup would do quite well. Check into SD and Dimarzio..... You could also go for EMGS.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
mmmm what tones do they give????

and what types of SD Dimarzio or EMG would you recomend
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Emg 85/81

Dimarzio whatever their highest output pickup... same with sd
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
If you're in the UK then check out the Swineshead Xbucker/runaway combo.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Dimarzio X2N.. dont get Emg's (not anything personal i have 2 guitars with them, just not as versital).. SD Try the Dimebucker or the P-59.. P-59 isnt the hottest pickup but with your set up all you'll need is a good distortion pedal and you can have silky smooth tones and razor sharp notes..
i've played that guitar and i must say that i hated the pickups.

I'd go with dimarzio's... thats what dimebag played.. can't get more metal than him.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Quote by Bodomizer
i've played that guitar and i must say that i hated the pickups.

I'd go with dimarzio's... thats what dimebag played.. can't get more metal than him.

Dimebag played with a bill lawrence in the bridge
^ +1

Dime used the L500L first, the Lawrence hot wound a set to create the L500xl. Eventually Dime sold out and played the Dimebucker with Damage Plan, crap pickup.

The real deal L500xl is metal to the Nth degree.
Quote by Mudder
^ +1

Eventually Dime sold out and played the Dimebucker with Damage Plan, crap pickup.

you should be shot for calling Dime of all people a sell out.. hes probably was one of the most ligit guitar players out there.. if it were a **** pickup he wouldnt have used it and dont give me any of that "well he gets money to use them" **** b/c im sure dime was set financially...
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Listen to the pickup, it sounds like crap. If it sounds bad why change to it? Money.

Do you really think that just because you have money you don't want more?
but every one knows that dime had one of the greatest sounds.. why switch to something thats going to compromise it.. you have to be good to make money and if your **** doesnt sound good your not going to make money.. it also were you running through a Krank amp(what dime used in his later days) when you tried it.. more than likely not...It all depends on what your WHOLE set up is.. I could throw a L500L in a $35 flea market Squier knock off made of plywood and run it through a Cube 15.. doesnt mean its going to get the same sound as you described... Just like most EMG's you have to run through a really nice ALL TUBE amp to get the fullest from them..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Last edited by ryknow157 at Jul 24, 2006,