im getting a traynor 80ycv and i want to be able to go from clean to overdrive without a foot switch. any suggestions? i play stuff like AC/DC, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Van Halen. thanks for the suggestions
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
thats tough, i have a digitech bad monkey overdrive, which is GREAT for stuff like AC/DC, black sabbath, judas priest, etc. But a good distortion pedal would probaly be better for van halen or guns and roses IMO.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

i have a mt2 and it sucks
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
i also have a traynor tube combo and i use an ibanez tubescreamer.....its peeerrrrrfect
Signature
Well, I use a Boss SD1 with my Traynor and it serves as a great pedal to boost my gain for solos. It also sounds very good for adding very light amounts of transparent distortion to the clean channel for blues/rock styles. A Maxon OD9 or OD808 would also be a great pedal to look into.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. Its a TS-808 tubescreamer clone and a heavier distortion pedal in one. Once you play it, you wont touch another pedal for OD and distortion.

Check it out on musiciansfriend.com and read the reviews. Compare the sound bytes there to anything else you are considering. You wont want anything else.
Dual Rec
Dual Rec Tremoverb
F-50 1x12
Nomad 55 1x12
Mesa 4x12 Slant w/ Black shadows

Gibson LP Special
Gibson LP Custom
Washburn EA14MR
Quote by nic_2090
Well, I use a Boss SD1 with my Traynor and it serves as a great pedal to boost my gain for solos. It also sounds very good for adding very light amounts of transparent distortion to the clean channel for blues/rock styles. A Maxon OD9 or OD808 would also be a great pedal to look into.

+1 for the boss sd-1

also look into the dod yngwie od. Only $30 off music123, and it definately cuts through in leads.