Ok, everyone says I must get a new amp because mine is a crappy Line 6 Spider II 30W I like the amp, but it seems that I can't get too much out of it. I can't get any tubes because I live in Costa Rica and I have to bring it on the plane when I come back, and I read somewhere that they are very fragile, like lightbulbs.....

So what Solid State Amps do you recommend me?

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
why can't you ship it back with FedEx or something like that, they do it all the time. And tubes are easy/cheap to replace in the unlikely event they are damaged in transit.
Quote by UniverseZero
Ok, everyone says I must get a new amp because mine is a crappy Line 6 Spider II 30W I like the amp, but it seems that I can't get too much out of it. I can't get any tubes because I live in Costa Rica and I have to bring it on the plane when I come back, and I read somewhere that they are very fragile, like lightbulbs.....

So what Solid State Amps do you recommend me?

Tubes are very fragile. A simple solution would be to take the tubes out of the amp and carry them with you in your carry on bag. It takes me a total of 18 seconds to remove all the tubes from my amp.........
Dual Rec
Dual Rec Tremoverb
F-50 1x12
Nomad 55 1x12
Mesa 4x12 Slant w/ Black shadows

Gibson LP Special
Gibson LP Custom
Washburn EA14MR
You shouldn't get a new amp just because "everyone tells you to." That's just stupid, if YOU like it, that's all that matters man.

As for Solid states, check out some peaveys.
Randall puts out some of the best SS out there, look into those. Or you can remove the tubes and wrap them in something, but what are you gonna do when you need new tubes?
Check out Randalls and definitely the Peavey Transtube series. I had one for my first amp and it served me well. I played it so much, it died.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by TTHX
You shouldn't get a new amp just because "everyone tells you to." That's just stupid, if YOU like it, that's all that matters man.

As for Solid states, check out some peaveys.

He said he wasn't getting much out of it...

That, to me, implies a disappointment in the amp.

What styles of music do you play, what's your budget?
my friend has a peavey transtube 112 and he loves it, i agree with the one dude, buy an am p that you like, even though everyone says they dont like it
Lamb Of God
*coughs* Marshall MG *coughs*

Seriously, there's this one guy in UG who used to LOVE his MG. Guess what? 1 month later, he started hating it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah tubes can be removed quite easily and wrapped up. And clearlyyou have internet access so when the time comes to replace them you can simply order some
How did I know this thread was going to turn into this?

Threadstarter: It really depends what sort of sound you're looking for and what sort of music you play, but blind suggestions I would suggest:

Ampeg VH-140C
Line 6 Flextone
H&K Attax 100

All those can be found for a reasonable price and have a decent all around tone.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by falcon!!!
i have MG...

I was talking about Xenn...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
I was talking about Xenn...

Yes. That was me.

Take my idiotic purchase and use it as an example. Do NOT buy an MG. There are so many better amps for the price.

I bought it because it sounded good in the store (at low volume) and was really the only thing around. After getting it home, it sounded good to me for a while, but then my ears started to develop more and I realised that the MG wasn't as good as I thought and that it was actually going down hill. I made a post a few days ago listing all the problems I have with it now. I suggest you look it up if you're even considering an MG.

Ona side note, is it possible to delete or edit reviews? I have one that desperately needs changed. I bet you can guess which one it is.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
"I tried this amp expecting it to be garbage like so many people say. I was pleasantly surprised and ended up buying it. If it were stolen I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. It's a great amp for practicing at home or band practice, and even small gigs. It fits my needs perfectly as it is, and I would recommend that people look into them and try them out. "

nice review Xenn...
Quote by Xenn99
Ona side note, is it possible to delete or edit reviews? I have one that desperately needs changed. I bet you can guess which one it is.

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Spynal
How did I know this thread was going to turn into this?

Threadstarter: It really depends what sort of sound you're looking for and what sort of music you play, but blind suggestions I would suggest:

Ampeg VH-140C
Line 6 Flextone
H&K Attax 100

All those can be found for a reasonable price and have a decent all around tone.

the H&K Edition Blue 60 and 30 are also nice little amps, don't have all that modelling stuff that some other amps do but they do have suprisingly nice tone
Quote by aznrockerdude

Is there any way to change it? I really don't wantto contribute to poor n00bs being duped into buying MG's...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Randall
Line 6 Vetta/Flextone
Peavey Bandit
H&K

and don't laugh... fender frontman.
yeah.. no joke

ill give you good settings for a decent sound if you chose that one.

it was my first amp, and yes ive upgraded since then but i dont see any harm in playing with it in the bedroom.
hell, i did my first show with it. haha

EDIT: only get the last one if you don't plan on doing shows and you mainly do bedroom ****.
it won't satisfy you for long if thats what you want.
I'd go older randall if you look for that!
Last edited by spuime4c1es at Jul 22, 2006,
The Peavey Bandit and Line 6 Flexton II or III would be my top choices.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Xenn99
Is there any way to change it? I really don't wantto contribute to poor n00bs being duped into buying MG's...

I almost bought an MG reading those reviews (back when I was a n00b of course)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
When reading a review of any product, consider the product and its intended potential buyers, and the source of the review. The noob playing thru his shiny new Squier Affinty Strat and Marshall MG is most likely playing the best gear he / she's ever laid hands on. There's no real reference point to compare to here. A noob doesn't know what to listen for, what features are desirable, and doesn't understand the lousy power amps in MGs.

It's not the noob's fault. It's just they they don't have any experience. And when they see ads with guitar heroes like Zakk Wylde pimping out the MG and describing it as 'crushing' and 'slamming', it's hard not to impress noobs. After all, they are Marshall, right? lol
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i'm also looking for a new amp
the one i'm gonna be getting is probably the peavey transtube bandit 112
look into that
or a roland cube 60, alot of people say those are good
honestly dude. i was just thinking. go rack!

there are some cheap preamps and poweramps out there.
(ADA MP1, Sansamp PSA1, Carvin PA)

you could get a Decent sound. AND be giggable