hi, im a n00b at music theory but am pretty good at guitar, im learning basic theory right now just started like 2 days ago, could someone tell me which notes to make flat/sharp in order to turn a major scale into minor? like 3rd note, 5th note, like that
1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Well to make a minor chord you would flatten the 3rd but as resiliance stated in the major scale to the minor you would have to flatten the 3rd,6th and 7th.

There is more than 1 type of minor, i will show the 3(the first one is the one you were asking about)(This may go over your head but write em down and then later in your life of learning theory you can come back to them).

Natural minor(the 1 you asked about)-1,2,b3,4,5,b6,b7,8(1)
harmonic minor-1,2b3,4,5b6,7,8(1)
melodic minor-(1,2,b3,4,5,6,7,8(1)

These formulas are in relation to the major scale.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

^There's only seven different notes in a scale but you play the root note an octave above to complete it. ie, C D E F G A B C The top note is an eighth above the root but it's still the same note. You'll see it written like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 or 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1. Mr. Loomis just wrote them both together.
the 8(1) is indicating that it is the same note as the 1, an octave above.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.