Hi I got my ibanez prestige rg1570 but I want to replace pickups, and im thinking about dimarzio pups and I want a sound like petrucci leads and a sound like DT, I play most progressive and some heavy so Im thinking for an air norton for the neck, a tone zone S for the single coil and a D-sonic for the bridge What do u think about this combo guys?

I've heard that Petrucci used to use Steve's Special, should I choose Steve's Special for the Bridge? Or is it fine with D-Sonic?

What would suggest me guys?
Last edited by Wolf-guitarist at Jul 21, 2006,
So, what would u suggest me about pickups?

He is a crazy freak lol..
Last edited by Wolf-guitarist at Jul 21, 2006,
I'd say def. the air norton in the neck, i mean if you want his sound I'd probably just go with what he uses the air norton/ d sonic combo, not sure about the single, that's up to you, be aware though the amp is very important to the sound and petrucci uses pretty expensive mesa amps so you may want to think about an amp upgrade if yours isn't that great.
Quote by crazy_freak
why not just get a better guitar? isnt that easier?

n00b alert, Rg prestige>your life

Go for Dimarzio Evos or Tonezone/pafpro and a fast track fr the mid.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Its an ok amp, but youve gotta have a pretty good bit of reverb to make it sound good, and harmonics arent clear at all on that amp.

Might i suggest a better amp before new pickups?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ Yeh for sure.

With that kind of money, would you consider rack effects?

Ive got a 2112 digitech into a vox tonelab(non rack) into my line in on my computer, sounds better than any tube amp ive ever played.

Set me back about 600$
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yeh after amp, but with 800 dollars, you could get a good amp and go ahead and replace your pickups.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
oh, and what do u think about my pickups combo?

neck: air norton
single: tone zone S
bridge: D-sonic
seems pretty good although it's going to cost you around 200 dollars, but I suggest maybe waiting off on the pickups and investing and researching for a good amp, the amp may improve the sound of the stock pickups or the new ones you plan on getting might not sound right through the new amp. What styles do you plan on playing and where will you be playing?
Quote by crazy_freak
why not just get a better guitar? isnt that easier?
you cant get better for $750, blashphemy btw