#1
Well I was playing guitar in my room. I was sitting on my floor and I felt a little bux. I got up off my floor and put my hand on my radiator to get up. I got electricuted really bad. Nothing serious but it ****ing hurt. Almost burned.

WTF?!
#2
Static Electricity
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
#3
Your earth in your amp must be messed up so the unused elctricity went into your radiator pipes probably.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.



This is The Central Scrutinizer......
#4
Could it be something to do with the earth wire coming loose inside your guitar?
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

#5
Well, if you were touching your guitar strings, or anything metal on your guitar and you touch something else metal you will get the **** shocked out of you. Just try holding your strings and touching someone else's tuning peg
#6
your guitar or your amp isn't properly grounded out..... fix it or get a guitar/amp tech to fix it before you kill yourself and we laugh at you.
#7
BlackHawkA4:

Do you have a rug/carpet in your room or is it bare wood? Second, is this the only occurance of electrical shock whilst playing?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
#8
electrocute - To kill with electricity

You poor thing. Sorry, I'm just messing around but I couldn't let that get by.
Gear:
'03 American Fender Strat
Delta (Strat Copy) electric
Washburn D10SCE acoustic/electric
Fender Twin amp
Peavey Rage 158 practice amp
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
Vox V847 Wah
MXR Distortion+
Line 6 Uber Metal
MXR Phase 90
Voodoo Lab Tremolo
#9
Quote by Bazilisck311
BlackHawkA4:

Do you have a rug/carpet in your room or is it bare wood? Second, is this the only occurance of electrical shock whilst playing?



Rug.
#10
its NOT ur guitar.

if u thought it was an actual jolt of electricity, then like said, ITS UR AMP.
thats a very serious situation and u need to bring it in for repair.

if u thought it was static, then get some static guard spray.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.


Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
#11
Quote by BlackHawkA4
Rug.


like I said, static electricity

Touch the metal object you're going to brace before you start moving to get up. If your amp was improperly grounded, you'd be getting zapped all the time regardless of your position.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
#12
Quote by z4twenny
your guitar or your amp isn't properly grounded out..... fix it or get a guitar/amp tech to fix it before you kill yourself and we laugh at you.

Yeah, I'd definetly get it checked out.
#13
Did he die? 0.o like i mean after his second post....? o.o
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
#14
Quote by Sintu
Yeah, I'd definetly get it checked out.




Alright blackhawk, let's perform a test:

Leave your guitar in its case/on its stand and turn your amp off. Now sit in exact same position as you were before and play a little air guitar. Now try to mimic exactly how you got up before. Repeat this a couple times - if you not once got zapped when you touched the radiator, then I will change my advice and say get your amp checked out
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer