what guitar would be a good buy for no more than about $500 or $600? i wont play squiers... but im not really sure what kind of guitar i want i have a squier and i really want a new one but im on a tight budget
And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die!
$500 and $600 isnt that tight of a budget, ytou can get a really good guitar for that money if you shope wisely
try epiphones, they are really good guitars with good quality and duribility, great sound with a great price, you could get a $400 epiphone and buy gibson pick ups, and it would be close to a gibson, or you could just get a $600 epiphone, and not buy new pick ups, and just a better quility wood
if you wanted you could save up your money and wait alittle longer and get a cheap gibson, i have seen some that run for about $800 with dot inlay if you wanted
try ibenez or jackson, good guitars, good quility and good price

wat kind of music would you like to play?
buy a schecter, great guitars for the money.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by dementedpuppy
buy a schecter, great guitars for the money.

that too is a good brand
i like to play different types, but i mostly play music from the 60's and 70's (classic rock or phycadelic rock) like the stones pink floyd, hendrix, things like that. I was thinking about a epiphone... are gibson melody makers good? also what about ibanez rgs?
newer gibson melody makers arent worth the money, they arent bad guitars but they are gennerally overpriced for what they are. Rgs are pretty gpped tp and are currently pretty popular, but if you want a good sound it would be advisable to change the pups on it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Stoner1969
i like to play different types, but i mostly play music from the 60's and 70's (classic rock or phycadelic rock) like the stones pink floyd, hendrix, things like that. I was thinking about a epiphone... are gibson melody makers good?

i would reconmend an epiphone les paul, they can play a wide range of music, and if you really wanted to, you could upgrade to gibosn les paul pick ups, i have an epiphone les paul, plays like a wonder, and plays alot of styles

also if you look in the music review column, there was just a review about an epiphone les paul classic, you can look around and see what other have to say about it, and what some users paid for it, and get a good estimate of an idea of what t is like, and the pricing it might be at your guitar shop, if you were intested in an epiphone
Last edited by the_man101 at Jul 21, 2006,
try an ibanez... im not sure you like em, what kind of music do you play?

EDIT: ^ope nvm, yeah get a les paul...
Quote by Stoner1969
i like to play different types, but i mostly play music from the 60's and 70's (classic rock or phycadelic rock) like the stones pink floyd, hendrix, things like that. I was thinking about a epiphone... are gibson melody makers good? also what about ibanez rgs?

Fender Standard Strat, FTW. If you don't want that, definitely take a look at an Epi Les Paul. Great guitars.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
whats the difference between epiphone/gibson (besides the price) i know epiphone is the spin off of gibson but can you tell the difference? i found a used gibson for about $600 but i can get a epiphone for $400...