Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Those two are quite different. Tone port act as a virtual amp and effects generators. Its meant for those who wants to get, for a cheap price, a whole range of playable tone. You can record on your pc with that, and easily edit your creations. Tone port can be compared to Guitar Rig, or Amplitube, except that those 2 software don't have they hardware to plug your guitar, and are alot more pricey.

The M-Audio black box is an all in one band and a recording interface. With it you don't even need a computer. You plug in your guitar and you're ready to go. There's alot of amps model in it, you can get a whole range of sound in this one too. And you get drums beat in it to play along with. It's a nice little box that is just hours of fun.

Personnaly, I think that the Black Box is quite more interesting. Because of it's autonomy, I don't really like to have to take my computer with me everytime I want to play, even if I have a laptop and it allows me to do it, I can't imagine what it would be like to have a desktop to carry. The black box itself is less than 5 pounds, and there you have it, a nice little studio able to record your track. Twice the price than tone port, but ten times better, think about it
Quote by Overaid
Those two are quite different. Tone port act as a virtual amp and effects generators. Its meant for those who wants to get, for a cheap price, a whole range of playable tone. You can record on your pc with that, and easily edit your creations. Tone port can be compared to Guitar Rig, or Amplitube, except that those 2 software don't have they hardware to plug your guitar, and are alot more pricey.

The M-Audio black box is an all in one band and a recording interface. With it you don't even need a computer. You plug in your guitar and you're ready to go. There's alot of amps model in it, you can get a whole range of sound in this one too. And you get drums beat in it to play along with. It's a nice little box that is just hours of fun.

Personnaly, I think that the Black Box is quite more interesting. Because of it's autonomy, I don't really like to have to take my computer with me everytime I want to play, even if I have a laptop and it allows me to do it, I can't imagine what it would be like to have a desktop to carry. The black box itself is less than 5 pounds, and there you have it, a nice little studio able to record your track. Twice the price than tone port, but ten times better, think about it

Thanks very much. It turns out becuase of the wonders of the internet the Black box ends up being about £40 less than the UX2.

Thanks again

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH