I'm probably going to get one of these amps but am looking for input from people who have used them. I play a lot of blues and classic rock and like a good overdriven sound. The blues definetly has a better clean channel for blues, but will it be versitile enough? Also will the 3 channel in the hot rod make a difference? and last, does the blues have a speaker output? Thanks for the input.
Break it down and then break it up again
Me and my guitar drowning down and down
^I second his question too.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
^thread moocher!!!!!! hahaha, jk.
Well I've been wondering the same thing I was considering getting the hot rod when I have the money and I paly the same style as you, so yeah, I'm a thread moocher
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
I have the Blues Deluxe Reissue (bought it two weeks ago at Guitar Center). I love the tone on both the clean and drive channels. I jammed with a friend for the first time yesterday and found the amp was able to get some good drive at semi-low volumes (we were in his basement so we couldn't crank it). It's my first tube amp so I am still learning all of the different tones, but I have found you can get a good drive tone by:
Drive: 12
Treble: 6.5
Bass: 8
Mids: 12
Presence: 7 or so
I found that the cranked mids and high bass really helps the amp break up. Mess with the other settings to get what you want. This setting works really well with 12 bar blues.

Don't know if this helped you or not, ask any questions and I may answer them if I remember to recheck this thread (I have a habit of forgetting previous posts)
thanks srv, I tried the amp out today at GC and I liked it a lot, it definetly has a better clean than the hot rod, but with less drive on the other channel. Have you tried an OD pedal with it?
No, I don't have any right now, although I am looking into it. I don't think you have to have an OD pedal to play this amp, but it would sure help for anything more distorted then, say, lynyrd skynyrd.
I would probably recomend either the boss blues driver or the marshall blues breaker II. Both are in the $70-80 price range. If you have the money, an Ibanez tube screamer would probably be your best bet. I have only played the blues driver through a crappy Marshall MG at GC, and have never played the others, so you may want to look into those pedals before you buy them. These are just the pedals I have found to be the best through reviews and recommedations.
If I were to buy an OD pedal right now (and I may soon), I am split between the boss blues driver and the Marshall blues breaker II.
hmm i freakin love the hot rod, never tried the blues, the OD channels on the hot rod are useless if u wanna play heavy music, but the cleans are amazing. i run effects through it sounds pretty damn good for the price so...
Well Enough Alone
Don't think so. I played the hot rod at GC when I was deciding which amp to get. I thought they were very similar. Only diference I could tell is what you said, that the Blues had better cleans. I thought the more drive on the HR wasn't much more of a drive then the drive on the Blues. I may be wrong, I was only messing around on it. The reason I chose the Blues was for the cleans and the Tweed (nothing looks beter then a tweed tube amp!).
thanks a lot, I think I'm gonna go with the blues, unless I get a really good deal on the hot rod
Quote by SRV99
No, I don't have any right now, although I am looking into it. I don't think you have to have an OD pedal to play this amp, but it would sure help for anything more distorted then, say, lynyrd skynyrd.
I would probably recomend either the boss blues driver or the marshall blues breaker II. Both are in the $70-80 price range. If you have the money, an Ibanez tube screamer would probably be your best bet. I have only played the blues driver through a crappy Marshall MG at GC, and have never played the others, so you may want to look into those pedals before you buy them. These are just the pedals I have found to be the best through reviews and recommedations.
If I were to buy an OD pedal right now (and I may soon), I am split between the boss blues driver and the Marshall blues breaker II.

The Bluesbreaker is Boss isnt it? And it rocks cause I bought it but returned it because on my ****ty MG it sounded just like my Digitech Hot Head but at the store it kicked ass (through some kind of Fender amp and a strat).
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Blues Deluxe>Hot Rod Deluxe.

Better cleans (only by a slight bit)

And the extra drive on the Hot Rods aren't worth anything, the drive is terrible with them...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30