well ive been playing for 3 years and i can pretty much play any riffs from the music i listen to.but for some reason i cannot solo.. i never learned to play guitar by an instructor and i never learned scales and whatever else is needed for solos. i have very fast fingers and somewhat accurate but when it comes down to me playing a solo or just busting out something that could sound soemthing like a solo i cant do it.

is it my picking or the combination of fingures or am i missing something lol.im dunno im looking for any help so please crit positivly. thanks
Learn everything first.

Its like trying to drive in traffic when you know no basic road knowledge.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Just learn some easy solos, gain some confidence, practice scales and do finger excercises like that chromatic thing. It wouldn't hurt to get a teacher but if you don't want to pay for one then you can do it youself but likely not as fast or with 'proper' technique sometimes. Anyways it becomes natural once you start learning that stuff and you wonder how you could ever not do it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Learn some pre-made solos at half speed first. HAving an instructor is were this really becomes vital.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Cradle of Filth is gay, and you are absolutely, positively not allowed to be gay in black metal.

It's kind of like being black in Alabama. Don't do it.
what kind of scales should i learn, and also i think my picking plays a part in alot of that too. when i see people play solos it doesnt even look like there playing, seems more of like a brushing movment. but there not sweep picking, i dunno how to explain it, but i think i need to learn some picking techniques too.
Major, Natural minor, major pentatonic and minor pentatonic. Maybe blues too! Forget modes for now.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Cradle of Filth is gay, and you are absolutely, positively not allowed to be gay in black metal.

It's kind of like being black in Alabama. Don't do it.
If you don't know any scales, you can't possibly "just bust out in a solo".
Well, unless you just wildly make guesses and I can't imagine that would sound
very good.

The easiest place to start is simple minor pentatonic stuff. You can do a LOT
with just that. In my sig, I have a recording of Simple Blues in A soloing using
JUST the 1st box of the pent minor scale. Simple stuff. Yet there's lots you can
do with only 5 notes.

Unless you learn a scale or two, picking exercises aren't going to help you much.