like this?

X01120

just wondering.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
You probably should be fingering it like this - X02220

And you can either use your first finger only or use your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd together.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
well how am I supposed to bar it without touching the other strings!?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
well how am I supposed to bar it without touching the other strings!?

If you want more of a power chord feel, then bar it. Otherwise use fingers 1,2, and 3...you'll get more of a flowing open feel this way.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
i finger it like X01120
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
You can bar x022xx and use the first 3 fingers for x022200
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
when I say
X01120

I mean D and G strings with first finger, B with second.
Quote by Roc8995
i use one finger per string, i would fathom most guitarists do use 1 finger per string on this chord.

i do this
e---
B---3 -- ring finger
G---2 -- middle finger
D---1 --pointer finger
A---0
E---

this leaves my pinky open to highlight melodic/ harmonic changes on any of the strings if i desire so
yeah but its cramped and you have to press harder cause some fingers are farther from the fret.
Quote by Roc8995
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
like this?

X01120

just wondering.

Er, no, never. That is some A minor chord (can't think which one though).

True A is x02220
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
when I say
X01120

I mean D and G strings with first finger, B with second.

read my post!^!
Quote by Roc8995
What chord is that? A6?

lol

I've never heard of fingering A major like that. I finger it like x02220
That seems like a terrible hassle to finger it like that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
God thats a ridiculous chord. Hahah. Adim #4? Ugh I dont even know.
www.myspace.com/ziggyzu

Stuff: Epiphone EB-3, Custom Made Jazz Bass, Dean Vendetta 4.0, Ovation Mandolin, Ibanez 78 Dreadnought Artist, Martin 12 String, Casio Privia, Behringer Mixer 1204, (2)Rokit 8's, Mac Mini w/ Logic Express, Micro Korg
I think he's saying he's playing the x02220 but he has his first finger barred on the x02220 and his second finger on x02220

EDIT: Which is a really weird way to finger it?
Last edited by mattyyy at Jul 22, 2006,
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
like this?

X01120

just wondering.

Well that isn't anything, but this is Amaj7-5: X0112X. At least that's what this thing says.
How is it A minor? The triad for A minor is A C E. The notes in that chord are A D# G# C# and E.
Wouldn't it be closer to A major?
Why don't you guys read one of his later posts or use your brains. He is talking about finger an A chord. That wasn't of the A chord he posted. The numbers aren't the frets they are the fingers he uses meaning he barres the D and G strings with his first finger and uses his 2 finger for the B string.

Honestly to me it seems like a hassle to do it like that but whatever is comfortable. I finger either like this:X01230 or X02340. I usually use the latter though. I think it would be good to learn some other fingerings for that chord because it some situations your finger position will make it either to change to the next chord or whatever you have to play.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Last edited by JaYB06 at Jul 23, 2006,
Yeah, if he meant that is a chord it would be C#madd9/A or something like that. I get what he means and even so that's sort of an awkward fingering. I barre when I have distortion on and when its clean I use x02220
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo