As it says, I LOVE my Dual. It's used however.... just wanting to buy something brand spankin' NEW. What other Mesa amp has the same sound if not better in a three channel? I'm going for low end growl and all in all heavy sounds. Static X, Staind, that kind of distortion. Anyways, any thought?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
If you love the dual rectifier, why not stick with it? Or if you want a new one, get a new dual rectifier?

There's also the Stiletto, F-100, Mark IV and Rectoverb.
Why would you want another amp that sounds like a recto? O.o

Get an amp that gives you a different sound. Pointless having two amps with the same sound, unless it's an identical amp running in stereo.
The stilettos are very bright and spongy, very very different sound than the Rectos.

But ironically enough it's designed to be like the JCM2000, which Static-X and Staind use.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Last edited by Funky P at Jul 21, 2006,
mesa doesnt make anything else that sounds like a dual recto as that would be completely pointless. If you just have to have something new, buy another dual recto, or maybe a triple recto, its different but somewhat simmilar.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Alright screw it... I'm fixing to put my '02 Recto up for sale on eBay. I just get sick thinking about $1699 for a new one... owever I did pay $1200 for this one... hmmmm maybe I should have waited?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^^^And that model has the 50/100 switch aswell. And on each channel, looks like a pretty killer recto.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?