hey. 2 questions.

would a cello sound bad with a drum beat behind it?

and also, wondering about keyboards/electric pianos etc. see im writing some songs atm, and i think about how i could use a keyboard/piano, but then i think 'the guitar could play that!' any ideas how a keyboard and a guitar could play different things together? sounds a bit newbish yeah...

thanx
i need to get a better signature.
i don't think it would sound bad. it would depend on what you are playing. do you remember the show angel? well the intro song was a cello palying over a rock type song. it sounded pretty good i think.
There's a really cool band, i think it's called Apocolyptica, they're cello rockers, and yeah, they have drums, it doesn't sound bad at all

Also, the piano could comp chords while the giutar plays
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

keyboard and guitar can create different textural effects, for one thing. for example, piano chords can be much more forceful than the lighter sound of a strummed acoustic guitar. or perhaps the smoother sound of jazzy guitar chords would be more appropriate in a given situation than the more percussive sound of piano strings. pick whichever one you think will give you a better sound in a certain song.