Why Only Marshall?

Maybe a DSL 50?

What's your Price Range?

Head and Cab or Combo?

Do you play any other styles?

Do you mean Green Day style punk or Sex Pistols style punk?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
well since you seem to like green day go for a 100 watt marshall "plexi" superlead head and a 1960 cab that will give you a good punk sound
Well.... probably the mg series..... tone doesn't matter in "punk" (as it is now missused)
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
^ Don't even joke about the MG's!

Quote by guitaristben
oh it must be 100W and i would use it for gigs

The only Marshalls really worth getting are tube, and you don't need 100w tube unless you're playing some HUGE gigs

Tubes are on average 2.5 times louder than solid states so: 50 Watts Tube = Around 100 - 150 watts solid state
Yeah, well, being serious then, a jcm800 would probably be about right for your type of music.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by guitaristben
maybe about upto £250 and yeh a head and Green Day style punk

You probably wont get a good Marshall head for that price, Try looking for something like a DSL401 combo used or something

Otherwise look at something like the Vox Valvetronix series (Here for £289)
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jul 21, 2006,
id stil go for the super lead ontop of a 1960 cab if your after a good green day punk sound since that is almost bj's rig except his is modified
look into laney instead. cheaper.

tube amps are kind of a must in punk. unless you're playing bad garage punk.
Quote by roryp15
id stil go for the super lead ontop of a 1960 cab if your after a good green day punk sound since that is almost bj's rig except his is modified

Yeah but you wont get that for £250
Quote by guitaristben
thanks for ur comments but where is the best place to by a marshall amp?

I still don't see why you're just looking at Marshalls, Broaden your horizons, there are loads of other great amp companies

And for places to buy, check the Marshall website for Dealers or online try www.guitarampkeyboard.com since you're in the UK
ok then other than marshalls, what is a good amp that is 100w and good quality and can get a nice punk rock sound?
As I posted earlier, Maybe a Vox valvetronix? They have a great reputation around here, though to be honest, I have never actually tried one
Uh...save more money...

Get a laney or a sovtek mig or something.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

It's not that much over your budget, and to be honest there isn't much else in the price range
Quote by guitaristben
too expensive the vox is

too low your budget is
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Yeah man, you really need to save up some more cash, like, triple your spending amount.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

yeah you need way more money for a good marshall. and for the best sounding, the traditional punk sound is usually an overdriven plexi, but you can get a pretty good punkish sound from a DSL too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
if your budget is 250 euro or whatever it is. you should even be thinking about marshall unless you want an MG. which i wouldnt get. i use a marshall mf350 stack it will run you about $2500 USD for a half stack and $3500 USD for a full stack
Are you willing to go used?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Cmogi10
Haha...mode four

there is nothing wrong with the mode four it kicks ass. if this one **** out on me i wouldnt hesitate to buy another
Quote by rocknrollgod
there is nothing wrong with the mode four it kicks ass. if this one **** out on me i wouldnt hesitate to buy another

*Shudders*

That's a lot of dough for an amp that's not all tube...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10
*Shudders*

That's a lot of dough for an amp that's not all tube...

yea but it was worth every penny. i would buy another stack so i can deffen the neiborhood.
Quote by rocknrollgod
yea but it was worth every penny. i would buy another stack so i can deffen the neiborhood.

Im sure the Mode 4 sounds ok to you, but for that money you can do so so so much better.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Why are you insistent on a 100W amp? 100W from a tube amp is overkill unless you will be playing with lots of cleans in a large venue. If you're going to play punk you'll probably play with distortion only and play in small venues.