Ok ok this is the second or third time ive had questions about the amp (i have been saving since may and im 16 and its a lot of money so cut me some slack )

Is the neodog speaker any good? It looks pretty crappy. its in the ss vox amps as well as the 1x12 AC30.

Since the 1x12 and 2x12 cost the same i would think that the 1x12 has a better speaker (the 2x12 has two wharfdales)

Its a long story but i have to get the 1x12.

If i could just get your thoughts about the situation and what you'd do then id appreciate it

I'd get the 212...even if the speakers are worse, they're still pretty good, and a 212 just sounds so much more full than a 112.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Vox buys those Neodogs from celestion so they cost more. All three kinds of speakers that come with the AC30's are very good. I love the way the wharfedales sound, make no mistake, they are very good speakers. I would highly reccomend getting a 2x12 AC30 rather than a 1x12 but to each his own. If you want to read a very good in depth article, read this
Last edited by Gutch220 at Jul 21, 2006,
I can get the 1x12 for 800 and i cant find the 2x12 for under 1000....

i dont think itll be noticable will it if i get the 1x12 instead of a 2x12 unless i put them next to each other and even if i do i can get the AC30 cab for 300 if need be...(and later buy a different head for variety, so id have an ac30 and an ac30 cab and some head)

the upside of the 2x12 is that its more classic and i can get a road case
the problems are the weight

the upside of the 1x12 is that it weighs less, and breaks up earlier (its still 30 watts tube so its just as loud right?)

so for the most part with a cab (which i can buy later if i find the 1x12 unsuitable for gigging) is the same as the 2x12?
Last edited by JET116 at Jul 21, 2006,
Trust me, a 212 vs a 112 is a very drastic difference. Two speakers just fills out the sound, really improves it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Is it worth an extra 200 or should i spend 300 and get a cab with it and hook that up to it and get a different head later for a different sound
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Trust me, a 212 vs a 112 is a very drastic difference. Two speakers just fills out the sound, really improves it.

Yeah even if, individually the speakers arent that great. Later when you have schittloads of cash you can uberize the tone, where you couldnt in the 112.
Ok so apparantly my cab idea didnt go over well....

can anyone PLEASE find an AC30 2x12 online for 900 or less (new!)

im not gonna get into it but it has to be new (or factory refurbished or non factory sealed ect ect...)
Ok well i think i'll get the 1x12 and a cab later (my bandmate has an AC30 cab and i can get one later and then a head even later)
The cheapest AC30CC 2x12 I could find was for a grand.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Thanks for looking!!

Well is my cab idea alright? will that work?

no one has commented on that yet (im making this because im ordering it on sunday or monday)