I was wondering, could one install a floating tremelo bridge on a strat and will it stay into even after doing dive bombs or even after use? or would i need a locking tremelo and a whole new guitar? Thanx in advance for the help
~Eden~
Yes it is possible to install a floyd rose and locking nut on a Strat, and yes, it would stay in tune even after heavey divebombs and other such use.

However, to do so, you need to route out the body so the cavities will be big enough for the floyd, this can be rather costly (expect to pay from $250 and up for a guitar store to do this for you profesionally).

Locking tuners might help your tuning a bit with the regular strat trem.
Quote by Invictious
NO! to above 2 posters

If you don't mind getting some dings on your body (heh, little price to pay for a lot of versatility), check this link out

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/guitar-rack/14258-how-installing-floyd-rose.html

pfft doesnt mean that the above two were incorrect. yes you could do that way and it works but you wont be doing massive pull ups if not any. and that way is not always the best way so careful what you say
However, to do so, you need to route out the body so the cavities will be big enough for the floyd, this can be rather costly (expect to pay from $250 and up for a guitar store to do this for you profesionally).

You don't have to do it, you can just plop in the FR.

Well you're gonna have to cut it up which will be 300$ and that doesn't even include the price of the FR.

As above ^
Quote by Invictious
You don't have to do it, you can just plop in the FR.

As above ^

you cant plop it in you gotta line everything up drill two holes and route out your locking nut
yeah, I don't a floyd rose exactly fits those 6 screws the strat bridges is attached with
oh yeh that idea wont work for set necks,set thru or neck thru since you cant add a neck shim to them