essentially what you'd want to do is basically split 1 speaker cable into 2 (I mean, split both positive and negative lines, you can do this with one of those Y type converters I guess), and then connect both ends to both cabs. That'll connect it in parallel.
im seriously retarded and need a real diagram

EDIT:

like this?

Last edited by davidp313 at Jul 21, 2006,
Whatever happened to maybe looking up the term parallel on google?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I didn't know whether I wanted series or parallel in the first place.

I was already on here and figured it would be easier just to ask one more question. I even provided my own diagram based on the information I got, all I asked for was confirmation.

You were less of a douche before you were modded.
Quote by davidp313

how long have you been around to know much of a douche he wasn't? I know if i wrote a bunch of crap about how stuff works and people just ignore my efforts and still ask questions after i spent all that time i would think less of those people.

also if the amp has two 4ohm stereo outputs you wouldn't need to wire anything. but if you are asking I'm gonna assume its mono output.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Last edited by Funky P at Jul 21, 2006,
Quote by davidp313

I've heard of people modding guitars.....but never people. Either this is one insane modder, or That Pink Queen is a guitar. Hm, I wonder who's guitar it is posting here.

As a thought though, I think if your amp has two outputs, you can plug one cab into each output and it should work alright: the two outputs are usually inparallel, which will act like that Y cable you'd need.

It's amazing though how many people have huge rigs and very small amounts of knowledge. Maybe there needs to be a test before you can buy or build anything bigger than a combo amp or a single pickup guitar.....
Quote by JahJahwarrior
As a thought though, I think if your amp has two outputs, you can plug one cab into each output and it should work alright: the two outputs are usually inparallel, which will act like that Y cable you'd need.
This is very true.
Quote by JahJahwarrior
It's amazing though how many people have huge rigs and very small amounts of knowledge. Maybe there needs to be a test before you can buy or build anything bigger than a combo amp or a single pickup guitar.....

I'm not a gear noob, I just know extremely little about wiring. Also, its not my gear, which is why my questions seemed vague, because I don't have the thing sitting in front of me.
This is only partly a wiring question. Most of it is a "plugging your speakers in and why your friend can't get off his lazy butt to figure it out himeself" question.

I dunno, it's really an oil changing mentality. There are those who have nice cars and pa ysomeone to fix it, then there are those with nice cars who change their own oil. Which is the more responsible owner? Both are taking care of their cars, but one does it on his own, saving himself money and earning himself the respect of his friends who never learned how to change oil.
Quote by Funky P
how long have you been around to know much of a douche he wasn't? I know if i wrote a bunch of crap about how stuff works and people just ignore my efforts and still ask questions after i spent all that time i would think less of those people.

Thank you.

I've always been a bit of a douche, it's just how I roll. However, this time I wasn't meaning to be a douche, it's just that this knowledge is all over the internet, and UG; theres lots of info about speaker wiring really. You didn't need to start a thread, with at most 10 mins of effort you could have worked it out.

Whatever, I'm out. And kudos to drawing out your own diagram, you have a point there. But we can be subtract those kudo's for your "douche" statement. You don't have to join the "over there" bandwagon.
Lol.

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.