ahoi,i bought a johnson les paul style guitar today, and its a great guitar, good pickups,necks is awesome, but the tuners will hold tune for about as long fish can remember its name...so i bought some locking tuners off ebay earlier hoping they would hold tune,..they are grover so i hope so....but will they hold tune when i bend,and stuff, b/c now they wont,and it sux, so do i need to get a new nut or jus wait and see....(and its kinda weird i bought a johnson and im askin if i need a new nut..atleast thats messed up in my head)
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
It shouldn't need a new nut, although you might want one just because. . . Maybe get an Earvana?

Probably will need new holes for the Grovers, though.
i think they should fit, if not,then ill put new holes in...

Private in the 7>6

No, not the part where the string goes through.

The tuner usually has a screw hole that goes into the guitar to stabilize it. Not all tuners have those holes in the same spot.
So let me get this straight.

You need a new nut for your johnson?

(lol i m@dE a fUnNy!)
I am OFFENDED!!! username....
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Quote by sonixon
So let me get this straight.

You need a new nut for your johnson?

(lol i m@dE a fUnNy!)

Beat me to it!
haha...i new someone would say that, i no not where the string go through...but im gonna see if the tuners fit, if not, then ill get a small tip and make a small hole and see if they fit if not, ill take it to a guitar person i no b4 i do ne thing tho

Private in the 7>6